This week we hosted a team dinner for the Swim Team. Nearly the whole team came and the house was packed. They also brought TONS of food, so we ended up with tons of leftovers.
Wednesday night was also the youth activity - gingerbread decorating. James and Dan had a great time.
Friday, after school, I picked up David and Paxton and took them to Walmart to get birthday presents for their friend Sebastian for his birthday party of Saturday. The boys had tons of fun looking - but were very indecisive in actually choosing the present. Then we went back to our house for dinner and the boys had fun making birthday cards to go with their presents.
Friday night was the Ugly Sweater Party with a bunch of friends. We had a great time hanging out and eating and chatting. While Dan and I were at that, David and Paxton were having a sleepover at Paxton's house.
Saturday was the usual busy. I swam in the morning, then went to a masters swim team Christmas party. It was fun to get to know some of the other swimmers a bit better. Then I took Aaron to Parkrose for water polo. In the evening, we went to the Ward Christmas Party - but by then David was starting to not feel great, so we got him some dinner and took the boys home. Then in the evening, I went to open polo. I took some of the leftover dessert from the team dinner and got it finished off! It was fun - but not the usual group - we had a bunch of college kids back and playing - they were nice, but then they took off early.
We finally got work started on our shower this week. It's exciting to get it done, but also has included some of the usual frustrations with this type of work.... On the plus side, we no longer have a hole in our celing downstairs.
Sunday morning, David was sick and staying home from church. Dan stayed with him while I went to church with the rest of the kids so I could do primary and choir. I also went to Evelyn's fireside in the evening down in Lake Oswego. David was still running a very low fever, so he won't be going to school tomorrow....
No comments:
Post a Comment