Tuesday, December 10, 2024

Back to the Normal

After a week off for Thanksgiving - it's not taking us long to be ready for the 2 weeks off for Winter Break!  

We've been busy as usual with school and work and swimming and such.  David is loving to read - he's getting into the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and I found him trying to read and walk to school at the same time and thought it was so cute!   



Aaron is getting ready to start his new job at Aloha pool.  He won't get his lifeguard certification until after Christmas, but he's going to start shadowing swim instructors so he can help with teaching swim lessons.  Then he will start guarding after he's finished his certification.  This week was mostly onboarding and getting paperwork done.  

This week, the kids had a special fireside with Elder Stevens of the Quorum of the 12.  It was an aweseome experience for them, but it was also crammed into the middle of a crazy day.  I swam in the morning, then ran a couple errands before grabbing the kids and Paxton and heading to the church to help clean.  Then we got donuts.  Then I took Evelyn to the Winter Market at Mountainside and had fun browsing and running into my water polo players!  Then I took Aaron to Parkrose to play water polo,  then the fireside, then I went to open polo.  Basically, I started at 5:30 in the morning and was constantly going until 11:30 at night.  

Sunday was church and family fun.  We needed to soften some butter for dinner, so David insisted that we use his new favorite method of softening butter - dog pile.  The butter may have gotten squished more than softened, but it was funny! 


Evelyn had her first Encore fireside of the season - it was out in Portland.  They sounded amazing - Evelyn's flute part sounded beautiful and it was a wonderful concert!  I can't wait to go to the other ones!  

No comments: