Sunday, August 25, 2024

Water Polo Begins!

Monday was nuts.  There was the usual laundry and groceries and swimming and work outs and such, then I also had to go to the school to pick up all our equipment for water polo.  The girls team is looking good - we already have 9 players and we have some strong new players coming in and some awesome old faces coming back!  We were still low on boys numbers at the beginning of the week - but it is getting better as the week progresses.  We have boys that have said they will play, but who have yet to sign up....  

Practices have been going well - I've really been enjoying getting to work with the newer players and helping them learn basic skills!  

Wednesday was out parents meeting after practice and then masters after that.  It was a lot of fun!!  The parents meeting went well

Thursday was a busy day getting things ready for our Team Dinner on Friday, and David helped me run errands - then fell asleep on the water polo balls in the back of the car!  It was so cute!  



Thursday, Dan headed up to Washington to run the Ragna Race with some old friends from high school.  It was cold and wet and crazy - but he had a great time!  



And he even remembered to take pictures for me!!  He was gone until Saturday evening - and he ran a lot and barely slept at all...

Friday was the team dinner.  It went well, we had a good turnout and lots of food was eaten and lots of fun was had!  

Saturday was crazy.  I got up in the morning to swim and got home and only had time to do a tiny bit of clean up from Friday night before getting the kids up and getting packed and ready to head down to Salem for little Evelyn's birthay party.  Then I took my Evelyn to band and then I grabbed the rest of the kids to head down.  We had a great time.  Eileen enjoyed showing off her mice to a sweet little girl at the party and James enjoyed making Evelyn jealous by having me send pics of him holding Harrison.  


After we got back from the party, I took Eileen to the Celtic and Fantasy Faire in Hillsboro, then took Aaron and Evelyn and James to the youth temple trip, then took David and met Eileen at the fair.  We had fun walking around and doing a bit of shopping and Eileen and I got dressed up!  Then we headed home just in time to grab some dinner and read some scriptures before taking Evelyn and her friends to a dance.  There was no open polo (boo) but after picking the girls back up and taking them all home, I was still very ready for bed!  

Church today was wonderful - the choir number went really well and the talks were awesome! 
 After church, we mostly took it easy and played some games.  Did a bit of napping.  Then dinner and the Seminary kick-off.  
  

No comments: