Sunday, August 18, 2024

Camping!

This week was our annual camping trip with our church friends!  Monday and Tuesday were mostly spent prepping for the camping trip, then Wednesday morning after swimming and working out we packied up and headed for the coast.  We also brough James' friend Caleb with us.  He had never been camping before and it made James much happier to have him (though admittedly, it made Eileen less happy)  

The weather had been threatening to rain the whole time, but then it ended up being clear the whole time.  It was a typical cool day at the Oregon Coast, but warm enough to enjoy being on the beach and for the kids to enjoy getting wet!  


One of the funnest parts about going with this group is that it means we all have friends to hang out with.  It was fun since Eileen mostly chose to hang out with adults (and around whatever fire she could find) so she hung out with me a lot!  

The other fun thing is getting to share food and games together.  There was a group of teenagers playing D&D and multiple s'mores nights and the Olsen's always had yummy food that they wanted to share.   



Eileen also had fun sharing her crochet creations with the kids.  She gave head scarfs to Kallie and Fiona and Rory and they all looked so cute in them!  She also brought out her mice and the kids had a blast playing with them.  Rory was making my little boy mouse break dance on the table!  


The weather out on the beach was especially beautiful on Friday.  The kids all had a blast playing in the sand and getting wet and building a huge sand fort.  


Anna and Evelyn stayed home with Dad since Evelyn had band camp that week and Anna had work.  We got back early-ish on Saturday morning.  Aaron and I wanted to go play water polo, then Dan and I went to a wedding reception, then we met up with Evelyn at the school for the marching band preview show.  It was a lot of fun and we had a great time with her learning how to march.  


That evening, Anna and I went to open polo and had fun since a bunch of friends showed up!  

I am in the process of gearing up for Water Polo season.  I spent a lot of time this week talking with the new head coach and asking questions and deciding how we want to proceed with stuff.  I am looking forward to the new season and I think it's going to be awesome!  


No comments: