We've had a fun and busy week. The kids had Monday and Tuesday off school, so Evelyn and David went to Sister Shum's music camps in the morning - one on the early presidents on Monday (President's Day) and a Lunar New Year one on Tuesday. They had fun and Evie's friend Ashley came over to hang out for a bit after on Monday.
Evelyn and I went out to choose the yarn for the blankets for Emmalee's babies. I'm excited, I think they are going to look awesome!
Saturday morning, I went to the music workshop - I got to spend some time learning about organ playing and primary music teaching and choral conducting. It was fun to work with the Portland Choir and Orchestra and learn from their director! They had asked for volunteers to be guinea pigs and so I signed up and got to direct the choir and get direct feedback. I learned that attempting to mimic Christina Bishop was a good way to go and he helped correct and fill in things I missed.
Saturday evening, Dan took James down to hang out with Taz. Aaron had a double date - they hung out at our house and ate pizza and played games together, then they all went to the dance. Evie and her friend Sophie hung out at our house for a bit and had fun doing makeup before the dance. Sophie did Evie's make up and called her a Masterpiece! She did look pretty awesome, but didn't go to the dance like this :(
I went to open polo after dropping the girls and their friend off at the dance - but numbers were really low, so after playing 4 on 4 half court for awhile, we ended a bit early and headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment