We've had a fun and busy week! Regular busy - work and school, water polo and swimming. But some fun busy too! Anna has been especially busy with getting her lifeguard certification done. She's doing awesome, but it's kept her busy!
On Tuesday, David's school was doing a special Literacy night. The whole school was given a book at the beginning of the month and they were suppoed to read one chapter each school night. David and I read the book together and mostly kept on schedule and finished in time for the big literacy night on Tuesday. The book was about a snake and so the school had some one come in to show the kids some reptiles and teach them about them, then let them touch them. David was SO excited about this event. He had been talking about it all month! Tuesday evening, we went to the school for pizza, then headed in for learning about reptiles and activities about reptiles. David had a ton of fun and loved seeing his friends too! I told Eileen about it and she got a bit jealous, so I sent her pictures. :)
On Wednesday, David went over to his friend Paxton's house after school to play. He usually gets to play with him on the playground, but Paxton broke his leg during the ice storms, so David has gone over a few times to play with him after school at his house.
Weather was especially nice at the end of the week, and David and I had fun playing on the playground with his friends - he was so excited to be able to do these monkey rings and skip one - he didn't quite make it to the next one, but still, I was surprised his arms were even long enough to make it this far!
Saturday was busy - Anna had lifeguard training. Dan and Aaron and I went to Parkrose to play water polo - then had lunch after to celebrate the return of one of the regulars from Italy. After that, we headed home, then Dan took Aaron to Brother Hanks' house to work for him. Then Dan took James to work out at Connestoga and I took David and Evelyn there to swim.
Evelyn didn't really want to go to the winter formal, so instead she invited her friends over to come and hang out and play games instead of the dance. She spent the morning cleaning the house (without even being asked) and cooking treats for the party. They came over for dinner and we had Spaghetti and then they hung out playing games and chatting and having fun while Anna took off for the dance with some friends. Aaron and I went to open polo.
Church today was great - it went well and choir went well, then we headed home to break the fast and Anna and Evelyn had youth orchestra. Then they had Encore. Sandi and James came over to play games and eat snacks.
No comments:
Post a Comment