Monday, February 12, 2024

Swimming Districts

We've kept pretty busy this week.  David's friend Paxton broke his leg during the ice storms and is in a cast right now, so he hasn't been able to stay and play after school, so his parents have been happy to have a friend come over to play with Paxton while he is stuck in a cast on crutches.  So David has gone over a couple times this week to play for a bit after school.  

Dan and I went swimming in the evening on Monday and Tuesday.  I think my endurance is increasing, but I'm still not that crazy about swimming laps.  :)  Water polo on Wednesday was much more fun - especially since we had a good size group!  

Thursday, was a swim banquet to honor the senior and carb load before Districts.  We had a fun evening and then headed home.  


Friday was the first day of Districts.  I was lifeguarding for most of it which was kind of fun - it meant I had a really great view and I got to eat in the hospitality room!  The kids all did a great job.  Anna was the alternate in both her events - so she had to be there on Saturday too.  Aaron also had to be there Saturday to swim the freestyle lap for the Medly Relay.   


Their relay took 6th, and since top 8 get ribbons, he got a ribbon, but didn't realize it and was outside waiting for me.  :)  It was also fun to be there to cheer for all my water polo kids and see friends!  


Saturday, Dan and I had planned to go to Parkrose to play water polo - but we found out when we got there that it was cancelled for Districts, so we ran by the adidias employee store instead.  :) 

In the evening, I went to go scrimmage with other masters women and some of the high school girls.  I had a fun time - though I worry about what playing in an actual game.  Then i headed over to Tigard for open polo - by the end of 3 hours of playing, I was tired...  :)  

Church today was wonderful - primary went great and though choir numbers were small - it was great!  We spent our afternoon playing games, and baking and talking to family.  

No comments: