Sunday, December 31, 2023

The Year Ends

Christmas Morning dawned bright and early!  David woke us up at 8 am (the earliest we said he could wake us) and we headed down stairs to begin the Christmas Fun.  I got the obligitory stairs picture - including some "I don't want to be awake yet" kids!  We called family and opened presents and stockings and ate breakfast and then spent the rest of the day having fun together - playing games and playing with toys and just enjoying the relaxing day!  




James had fun all week working on his many lego sets.  He was super excited to build them!  It's been so fun to have all the kids together and having fun together!  


Anna and Eileen had fun making shirts together.  They got this fabric and were able to make two different shirts from the pattern - one for each girl! 


Saturday, the kids had the new years dance - the church did it a day early since New Years Eve was on a Sunday - they went and had a blast!  Mom went to open polo and also had a blast!  

In the evening, we went to the Olsen's for a New Year's Party.  David has been looking forward to this all weekend.  He was asking every half hour after church if it was time to go to the party.  So when we finally went, he found all his favorite people and hung out with them.  The adults played a fun game of Charades with "The Dude" and we all had a blast being silly and talking.  Dan and I took the younger two home around 9.  David went to bed and James stayed up playing games while Eileen, Dan and I worked on our National Parks Puzzle.  Anna, Aaron and Evelyn all stayed at the party with their friends until a bit after midnight.  Dan and Eileen and I managed to finish the puzzle - they go a lot faster when I get some help!  


No comments: