Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Break Begins

We've had a busy week of Christmas fun!  On Monday, Sandi and the kids came over to decorate Christmas cookies.  We had fun together and made a big mess together.  :)  Anna and Evelyn also had an Encore performance Monday evening, so they missed a bunch of it, but we saved cookies to decorate with them.  After decorating, James went to spend the night with Taz at Sandi's house.  



Tuesday was my day for finishing off the last of the Christmas shopping.  So I took my friend Shelly to the max station, then played with David until some of the other kids got up, then I headed out to hit a few stores and do some shopping.  In the evening, I went to play water polo and Dan came too.  He's been joining with the masters group in the evening and it's been fun playing with him.  :)  

Wednesday was a day of cleaning and cooking and getting ready for Bagna Caulda night.  We had a great time with friends and family eating lots of yummy food and singing songs!  

Thursday was pretty chill.  Aaron had a couple parties with seminary friends this week - and the kids had optional swim practices that they went to when they could.  Dan and I had water polo again and he's getting less tired after!  

Friday afternoon, Sandi and the kids came over one last time to exchange gifts.  They had a blast playing together and opening presents.  Jon has the kids for Christmas and Sandi is heading out to Utah to be with James for Christmas.  The kids also got gift cars from Sandi - David used his right away to get a nerf gun that looks like Thor's hammer, but expected that it wouldn't arrive until New Year's Eve.  


It arrived Sunday afternoon....  He's been shooting our wall with "sticky darts" ever since.... 


Saturday was full of water polo and making sweets for our Christmas cookie plates.  We went to parkrose masters and had a blast, and the kids and I went to Open Polo and had a blast too!  We got Spritz cookies, shortbread, and peppermint bark all made up and ready for Sunday!  

Sunday was the big church Chrismtas program.  The girls and I did a musical number.  The girls did an amazing job and I accompanied them.  I also played the organ and Anna led the music, but getting asked to play the organ was a bit last minute, so I didn't play very well.  :(  It was still a beautiful meeting though.  After, we headed home and had lunch and got cookie plates ready (and mom took a nap) then we headed out to give out Christmas cookies and sing carols.  We had a fun time together and loved singing and giving out cookies!  

The boys were VERY eager for their Christmas Eve gifts, so we had an early dinner once we got back, then cleaned up and did scriptures - which was reading the Christmas story in Luke - then we opened our gifts.  Dan got Anna and I matching pajamas - not realizing that they were matching until too late, but we have fun being twinsies!  


Here we all are except Dan who took the picture since he got slippers and they are hard to see in a picture.  :)  


After, we played games for a bit, then sent kids off to bed so we could get Christmas ready.   We finished off the last of the wrapping and brought stuff downstairs, I stuffed stockings and we set everything up for tomorrow morning.  Now it's time to sleep and wait for tomorrow! 




No comments: