Dan was out in Texas for the first couple days this week helping my parents. My dad is getting better and was loving being able to get outside to walk, even if it was just a little bit. There are still ups and downs and I'm glad Sandi is going out next week, but it's good to see the progress. And good to see him happy.
The week has been crazy busy. Between school and work and sports and music, finding a time to go get a Christmas tree has been hard, and it was feeling like it was hard to feel like Christmas time with out a tree.
Thursday Anna, Aaron and Evelyn all had their first swim meet of the season. They did an awesome job and it was fun to watch them and see my other polo players too. Aaron was supposed to get out of school early to get a bus to the meet, but missed it, so he called me and I had to get home from picking up David really quickly to get him to his meet, and he still missed the first event.
Friday evening, we went to Home Depot to pick out a tree. We've got it up in the house and on Monday we will decorate it, but it's finally feeling like Christmas!
After, Dan took a nap while I spent some time cleaning up, then we went to Parkrose for water polo. There was a great turn out and we had lots of fun! We got home with time to shower and dress for Dan's company party. We had a fun time chatting and eating and won some prizes in the raffle. A good time was had by all, then we headed out. Dan dropped me off at open polo on the way and I met the kids there. There was a good turn out and we had lots of fun. Plus I was playing better than last week which was great. :)
Sunday was crazy busy. I went to a different ward where I had been asked to sing as part of their relief society Christmas program. It was fun to be able to go to Relief Society and it was a wonderful meeting. After, we had ward choir practice, and stake choir practice, then dinner and the Stake musical event. Anna and Evelyn had an Encore concert tonight also, it was sad to miss it, but since I was singing in the musical event and directing the choir, I needed to be there - thankfully there will be another one next week to see! Now it's time to rest and get ready for next week's busy-ness!
No comments:
Post a Comment