Sunday, September 24, 2023

Family and Fun

We've had a busy week.  School of course - David already wakes up most days asking if he has school or not - he loves school and is excited to go, but not to wake up.  He's my little sunglasses buddy and we still have fun walking to and from school and talking about our days!  

Our water polo team had it's first league game on Tuesday and it was a bit of a mess.  The kids played their hearts out - especially the boys who had a strong first quarter, but were down to only 5 players total shortly after the second half started.  The girls were struggling to communicate and having a hard time against their defense.  

Between that and knowing that it would have been different if not for the inclusivity placement mess ups, and the very low attendance at practices this week, i've really been struggling this week.  It's so frustrating feeling like I'm doing all I can for these kids, and it's not enough.... 

On Friday, Dan and I's combined Birthday/Christmas gift arrived and Dan and the boys had a fun time putting it together, then we all enjoyed eating dinner outside together.  David especially loves it and were it not for the rain, would be eating every meal out there! 




Friday and Saturday, Anna and Evelyn were at the Encore retreat.  They had a wonderful time and came home tired and with exhausted voices, but happy and amazing! 

Saturday morning, Dan and I went to the sealing of some friends from the ward.  They were sealed, then their sweet son was sealed to them.  When he came in he was so excited to see so many of his favorite people there!  He didn't know my name, but called me his teacher and kept coming to talk to me and give me hugs and tell me jokes.  After, we went to lunch at Olive Garden and Andrew and I had fun coloring together and chatting.  He's such a sweet bright boy!  



In the evening, Anna and Aaron and I went to open polo and had fun - though I think Anna was pretty tired after the retreat.  

Church on Sunday was busy, but great.  The choir sang and did an amazing job along with our amazing violinist Jinger!  Then I was subbing in primary for singing time and we had fun practicing our music for the choir program.  

Eileen went over to Bianca and Huistean's house for dinner and made yummy food for them!  I'm so glad that she's finding her own life and joy and I'm so grateful for Bianca!  We had fun chatting with her in the evening and over text and we still hear from her a lot which is nice!  


We also had the Blanchards over for games and fun in the evening!  

No comments: