Monday, September 4, 2023

Back to School Already?

I can't believe summer is already over.  Monday morning, Evelyn, then David and finally James headed off to their first day of school.  Evelyn starting as a freshman at Mountainside, David back at Cooper Mountain for 1st grade and James braving the middle school as a 6th grader.  Their first days went well and they came home excited!  





In the evening, after dinner, we did back to school blessings for the kids.  It was wonderful!  David was so excited and wanted to go first, so he brought the chair over and claimed it until we were ready to begin. 


On Tuesday, Anna and Aaron started school and Seminary started too.  Anna just had band and Aaron was starting his sophmore year.  Anna won't start her early college classes until later in September.  


Water polo is going well, we officially have both a girls team and a boys team, and we even have a sub on both teams....  They are doing so well though and learning and growing!  

On Thursday, I took Anna and Eileen out to Bonneville Dam.  Eileen has been wanting to go there all summer, but I thought she might enjoy it more if we didn't have all the younger siblings there too, so we went after school started.  It was a chilly, rainy day, but we had a great time, we got to see lots of fishies - we even got to watch salmon going up the fish ladders - heading back up river to their spawning grounds.  After, we stopped for lunch on the way home.   


David and James used their gift cards from Aunt Sandi to get stuffies, They have begun arriving and David was very happy and wanted a picture with his new stuffies.  


David loved his first week of school and is loving his teacher and his class.  He is making new friends and having fun with old ones.  The rest of the kids seem to be settling in well also.  


On Friday with the water polo team, we did an intersquad scrimmage.  I divided the kids into teams and we had parents running the clock and Chris and I acted as refs and the kids played and played well!  It was a fun day and they did amazingly well.  Girls who last year couldn't even have done a single quarter played 3 quarters and kept up - it was awesome!   We ran out of time and couldn't finish the last quarter, but a good time was had by all and it helped the kids get the idea of what an actual game will be like.  


Saturday was crazy busy, but wonderful!  We had friends taking out their endowments in the morning, so Dan and I went to the temple in the morning, then I took Eileen out shopping to spend her gift card from Aunt Sandi (mostly on yarn and wire for wire wrapping) and we had a nice afternoon together.  Then we game home and we went to a baptism for one of David's friends in the ward.  It was wonderful!  After, we went to dinner with some friends, then came back so I could grab kids and head to open polo.  I told the team about it, and a whole bunch of them showed up!  It was awesome, we had fun together and I think they had fun getting to play and getting to meet some of the kids from other schools.  

Church today was wonderful - we were out sunbeam teachers, so I went in to help out there, and then in the afternoon, choir went so well.  I love directing the ward choir and I love music!!!  In the evening, Sandi and James came over to play games for a bit, we had a fun time playing Wingspan one last time with Eileen before she leaves for college.  

No comments: