It's been a crazy busy week. The first half of the week was mostly crazy busy preparations for the rest of the week. Wednesday, we had our Team Dinner before the first game of the season. We had a blast - David had half the team wrapped around his finger and following him around the house.
They got her unpacked and her room set up. She got to meet roommates and she was excited that one of them also liked crocheting and had an emotional support cat. She left Thursday morning very nervous and anxious about everything. By Friday, she was feeling like she had found her people and was happy and more excited again.
They also met up with Bianca and Huistean who will also be in the area. And she got to look at the Ceramics classrooms.
Meanwhile, back in Oregon, the water polo team had it's first game of the season. We played Tigard and mostly it went pretty well - we lost by 2 points, but there were times in the game where we were up also, so we could have won it, and overall they played pretty well for a first game. Both teams were playing Co-ed so that worked well too since we were down a couple players. There were a couple sketchy moments with one of the Tigard kids acting like a jerk, but mostly the kids did well. And I think they now have a better understanding of how things work.
Friday was a bit sparse on attendance for water polo, so we mostly had a fun workout.
Saturday was busy, On Friday, the band had sent out an email that they still needed a driver, and since Parkrose had been cancelled, I emailed and said I was available if they still needed a driver. They did. So I met up at the school and walked around with High School band kids for 6 hours while they asked for donations and played songs. Evelyn joined me after she got back from the youth temple trip that Anna and Aaron and Evelyn went to in the morning. It was a nice day, and fun to be out walking around.
Then we had the sister missionaries over for dinner Saturday night, then in the evening, after putting James and David to bed, I took Anna and Aaron to Open Polo. It was a good turnout and we had fun!
Sunday was wonderful! I got to sub in primary for a teacher who was out sick. Dan went to his parent's ward (and having forgot to pack church clothes, he found his Dad's don't fit him and wore this) before heading back home.
Just the boys having some fun out in the back yard!
It's so good to have Dan home. We spent the evening playing some games before calling it a night.
We have all had times where we missed Eileen this week, though I think I've done well - I have only cried twice. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment