Dan's birthday was Wednesday - once again, we skipped the surprise birthday party this year - we figure we will wait until we are vaccinated and then throw a party! Dan asked for spice cake for his birthday this year because he wanted a cream cheese frosting - even though he has never really liked cream cheese frostings before. :) I got him a 7 Wonders expansion for his birthday. I wanted to give him something that he could enjoy with the kids.
The girls had their first high school swim meet this week. Friday, they had a "virtual meet" which meant that they ran a meet, but only with our team at the pool - the other team would have the meet at their pool, then the scores would be put together later. The girls were both swimming JV and did a good job considering they have only had a week or less of practicing before the meet and haven't swam competitively in a long time.
Saturday evening, we had the bishop and his family over for dinner. We had a fun time chatting with them and getting to know them a bit and the kids had a blast playing together. Anna was gone babysitting Taz and Kai and Evie was at her friend's house, but the rest of us had a blast together!
Church was wonderful - I got a new calling! I'm back in primary and will get to serve as the 1st councilor in the primary presidency. I'm looking forward to helping with these new changes as we look to get normal primary things back up and going.
Dan was supposed to get his second COVID vaccine shot this afternoon, but when he got there, they had changed hours and closed early with out telling people who had appointments after the new closing time... so now we gotta reschedule again...
No comments:
Post a Comment