We've had a bit of a busy week here. Of course school and after school activities. David and I walk James and his friend to school each morning and then walk down to get them in the afternoon. Evie and Aaron and Eileen and Anna have in person school Monday and Thursday, and virtual school on Tuesday and Friday. Eileen is getting more comfortable with school and the bus - in fact she was positively bubbly after school on Monday. Then on Thursday after school, she stayed for Drama Club.
Wednesday was no school, but we mostly took it easy, in the evening we had youth activities, Anna's class had a talent show, and she recorded herself playing all parts of a piece on her trumpet and then played it for everyone! Evie and I played live Among Us. I didn't really know what was going on, but Evie and I planned it and then we played as a class and the girls had a blast.
On Thursday, Anna had a track meet, but it was an away meet, so it kept her out pretty late. Sandi and Julienna and I went out to celebrate Sandi's birthday, we had dinner, then headed to a Karaoke Bar - Julienna rented out a private box where we got to sing karaoke for an hour and a half. We had a blast - Julienna has a great voice too, and Sandi and I always love singing together. It helps that we know a lot of the same music and we sing well together. :) It was a fun evening though!
Friday was a crazy day. James has had some major behavior issues this week, so I was stressed over that - plus we were trying to get the house straightened up for company on Friday evening - and getting my craft room ready to be a bedroom. Dan's parents got in Friday afternoon just as school was getting out and helped a bit with cleaning, and helped a lot with keeping James and David busy so I could clean and get food ready. Then Dan and his parents took off for the temple for Caleb's receiving his endowments - unfortunately, because of Covid, they had to limit the number of people in the session. So we invited everyone over to our house after for dinner. It was a lot of fun to have everyone over and we ate and chatted and played and it was wonderful. Dave had come up for the sealing also and came over for dinner and David was SO happy - he just adores "Little Dave." When I snapped this picture, David was saying how their hair matched, but not really.

After everyone left, we got the kids to bed, but somehow James managed to sneak his computer into his room - he then stayed up ALL NIGHT watching YouTube videos.... So he was rather tired the next morning, he got up enough to see Grandma and Grandpa Jones off and grab some breakfast before passing out on the stairs...
Evelyn wanted to do her outing with mom, so she and I went to Chick-fil-a for lunch, along with a quick stop at Target for some water shoes. While we were gone, Dan did a "boy scout thing" with David and helped him make a wood robot like he made with James. David was so excited!
Anna met up with a friend and went for a run and then after she got back, we all piled in the car and headed out to Multnomah Falls. We hiked all the way up to the top of the falls and had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect - cool and overcast. It was a bit crowded, but overall a wonderful day and a wonderful hike.
Church today was wonderful, our ward had it's first time meeting all together since Covid. They are still broadcasting for those who aren't comfortable coming yet, so it's wasn't really everyone, but it was a lot closer than it's been before! It was a wonderful Fast and Testimony meeting! After, we headed home for second hour meetings - I got to go to Gospel Doctrine which was wonderful, and everyone had their meetings. In the evening, Dan and I headed out to the Portland Airport for our first Vaccine Shot, so we are now half way to being vaccinated!
No comments:
Post a Comment