Sunday, May 16, 2021

Jumping and Climbing

We've had a bit of a crazy week.  Full of school and activities and friends and family.  On one of my evening walks, I walked past a pond and saw a cute little beaver chowing down!  I guess it shouldn't surprise me that there are beavers in Beaverton, but it was so fun to just see this little guy out and about!  Now that Spring is here, there is always a ton of wildlife in this fun little pond!  Plus after that, as I was nearing out house, I saw a deer in our neighbor's yard.  I was excited, so I ran in to get Eileen and make her come out and see it.  She was excited too!  I tried to get a picture, but my phone camera doesn't do good night pictures.  


The kids had youth activities on Wednesday, but since one of needed to stay home with James and David, the bishop worked it out so that Dan could be there.  The boys have gotten used to Daddy watching movies with them on Wednesday nights, but mommy is meaner that daddy.  I found evidence of stolen candy and food in the boys bedroom, so they went to bed early.  

Swim team has started this week - Anna can't go until Track is over, but Eileen has been going to practices this week - she's sore and tired by the end of practices, but I think she is still enjoying it.  The coach seems like a great guy and is very understanding during this crazy time.  

Anna had her last track meet on Thursday, and she made her first successful pole vault this week!  She cleared the bar on her first two jumps!  She was so excited!  


Dan and I went out for a date night on Friday, we went to a Korean BBQ place that was really good, then walked around a vintage game store - apparently some of the old game boy games are worth a decent amount of money now.  lol  

Our neighbors mentioned that they have a climbing wall in their garage and that the kids are welcome to use it as long as there is an adult there with them.  James and Evelyn are SO excited!  They also scrambled up the wall like monkeys.  


 On Saturday, David, James and I woke up with sore throats and coughs....  No fevers, no other symptoms, but still not feeling the greatest.  The kids were invited to Kai's birthday party at Sandi's house, but we were worried about sending them there.  They both seemed to be feeling better and Sandi and I finally agreed that as long as the kids stayed outside and wore their masks, it would be ok. But they only stayed for an hour, then we headed home.  

Sunday, we decided to play it safe and keep James, David and me at home, so thankfully we were still able to watch church and hear the wonderful talks and a beautiful musical number!  Our afternoon was spent chatting with family and playing games.  

No comments: