Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving Fun

We've had a crazy week here.  Monday morning, Eileen had a doctor's appointment.  Then in the afternoon, we took Evelyn in to see the doctor because we were worried that she might have strep.  She was put on antibiotics and sent home.  David's tummy hasn't been feeling great either and he's getting new molars in.  It was a busy day - with all the kids home from school for the week, they went a bit stir crazy with all the sick-ies going around and needing to stay home and get better and not infect everyone else.  

Tuesday morning, David and Anna and I went down to the church for the workout group and playing, then David and I went to get our hair cut.  David did so well!  He sat still and listened to Cathy and was such a sweet heart for the whole thing!  After, he looked so much older.  :(  But he's still my sweet little boy!  Then I took him home so he could nap, then I dropped Koopa off for grooming and Anna had an eye appointment and then we picked up Koopa and finally headed home.  



On Wednesday, Evie had a follow up doctors appointment where it was determined that her sickness might be Strep or it might just be a viral infection...  Sigh.   With everything going on, we were worried we might have to postpone or cancel Thanksgiving dinners.  Thankfully, the kids woke up on Thursday feeling much better.  Fevers were back down and the kids were doing well.  We went to a friendsgiving on Thursday afternoon and had a great time.  Eileen found a new Naruto friend.  It was kinda funny to watch her attach herself to her new friend - (un?)fortunately he is a grown son of friends in the ward, so he isn't around much and I think he was a little confused by the 15 year old girl following him around wanting to talk about Naruto.... 

Friday, we got things ready for Thanksgiving with my family.  We went down to my parents house earlier in the day to decorate with Grandma Penny's ornaments.  Then we headed back to our house for Dan's yummy smoked turkey and a whole bunch of other super yummy food!  Then Sandi and I had fun singing Christmas songs together. 

Saturday, Anna and I went to work out with Sandi and Mom.  Then in the afternoon, Dan and I went to donate blood at a blood drive in our area.  It was done in honor of a young man in our ward.  Dan and I had fun being there and fun together.  Anna had fun and did a great job volunteering.  Dan and I had a friendly competition to see who would finish in the least amount of time - I won.  :) 


In the evening, we went to get our Christmas tree.  We headed down to Home Depot to pick it out and their employees miraculously managed to get it tied to the top of the van even without racks.  We had fun picking it out and getting it set up inside.  Now the kids are eager to decorate it - but they will have to wait until Monday!  


It's officially December!!!  That means countdown to Christmas!  We pulled out the Advent calendar tonight and the kids are all excited about it!  This morning in church, I got to play Christmas songs.  I've been practicing them on the organ forever, so it went well this morning - and I love Christmas Music!!!  We had a great turn out for the Children's Choir again - it's going to be wonderful!  We are heading into the craziest month of the year....  but also one of the best!! 

No comments: