This week has been packed full of Christmas music! And I love Christmas Music!!!! The kids had a mostly normal school week - plus a bunch of UIL tryouts for the kids and Anna's all-region band tryouts.
Monday, we decorated the Christmas tree for Family Home Evening. We had a fun time decorating and singing Christmas music and drinking eggnog. I had fun telling the kids about some of the ornaments.
Tuesday is David's favorite day because he gets to run around the gym at the church and play with friends. Then after piano lessons, I headed down for an extra rehearsal before the concert this weekend.
Wednesday, Anna had young womens, but Eileen didn't, so I took Anna down and I practiced the organ while she had fun with her friends.
Thursday was crazy. We found out on Wednesday evening that Aaron had a band concert - that he hadn't told us about - we didn't even find out from him - we found out when Anna told us - she knew because they had asked the Honor band for volunteers to help out. But we had already bought tickets to see the high school musical for that night, and he didn't seem to care about us coming, so we dropped him off and went to the play. The play was Frozen - and it was awesome! The kids had fun - David sat enraptured by the whole thing.
Friday DMCO had our final rehearsal before the concert, and Anna had all-region auditions which also happens to be a big part of her grade, Eileen went down with the Call's and I went to pick Anna up and take her down to the rehearsal. Thankfully the rehearsal was at the performing arts center instead of our usual rehearsal site, so it was much closer. After rehearsal - I was up late hemming Eileen's dress.
Saturday I had to squeeze in some organ practice before the concert - but thankfully it went pretty well and I didn't have to stay too late. We all got ready - Eileen had to wear some makeup for the concert - she hated it and didn't see any difference, but I thought it made her look all too grown up... We all got ready and headed for the concert.
The concerts went well - my parents came and Dan brought the kids, we also saw other friends there too. The whole night was amazing! It was so neat to get to do this with my girls! Eileen's feet started killing her in her shoes - so we traded shoes, but her's were much too small for me - had it just been discomfort, I could have dealt fine, but I couldn't actually fit my feet into her shoes, so I tucked the back under my heel and made do. We survived (even our feet) and we headed home. The girls wanted to stop for our traditional Chili's stop for a molten lava cake. We had a great time together and then headed home full of chocolate, happy and tired.
Organ mostly went well, though the program was incorrect which confused the chorister and caused a disorienting moment that made me mess up one of the intros. but otherwise, it went pretty well! Eileen and another young woman were officially called as choristers, so we now have some more help! Primary was more Christmas music and
No comments:
Post a Comment