Sunday, December 15, 2019

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies.

It's been a crazy busy week - as might be expected at this time of the year.  Monday is laundry day as always - and David loves to help with his laundry now - He wants to put the clothes in and take them out and push the buttons.  


We made a lot of cookies and fudge this week....  like really a lot.  The kids had lots of school stuff going on.  Mommy and David had fun working out and playing with friends.  Evie and Aaron had Activity Days and Cub Scouts, Eileen and Anna had Young Women's Activities.

Anna's band concert was Tuesday night.  Their band did a great job - plus we had fun listening with all the other families in the ward whose kids were in the band.

Thursday evening, Dan and I went to the temple.  It was so nice to be there and take some time away from the craziness of life to reflect and worship.  It did mean more to do on Friday, but it was totally worth it.

I spent Thursday and Friday making cookie dough and baking cookies in preparation for our cookie cook off.  Saturday morning we went to clean the church building.  Then Anna and I went down to work out with my mom and Sandi.  Then we went home and had a quick lunch before the cookie making and decorating began.  Sandi came up with the kids and they all had a blast making and decorating cookies.  My dad came up too, but instead of decorating he mostly just sat and chatted with us, but it was great to have him there!  Then once they were decorated out, we let them watch some Christmas movies and Sandi and I finished the decorating.  The kids had a fun time, and so did the adults


After that, we had the sister missionaries over for dinner, then Anna and I were going with them to teach a sister and her daughter who are investigating.  Unfortunately they weren't there.  :(  After that, we got the kids to bed then I went to practice the organ.

Sunday began with church which was great!  We had our priesthood and temple preview for the kids turning 12 this coming year.  I went both as a member of the primary presidency who was conducting and as Aaron's mom.  I can't believe that he is almost a deacon!   I'm going to have 3 kids in the youth program in just a couple weeks.

Sunday night was the nativity concert.  The children't choir did a wonderful job!  They had a great time singing and were a huge hit.  The kids were so sweet and I gave them all little gifts after with toys and cookies.  It has been so much fun getting to do this!   The rest of the concert was great too - some of the performers were just wonderful!  and all were great!  The only downside was that it got the kids home rather late.

No comments: