Monday morning bright and early, Dan and I headed to the airport - I stopped in Colorado and he continued on to Texas. I picked up the older girls and we got some supplies before heading up to the cabin to meet up with the rest of the kids and Grandpa. There was still a bunch of snow on the ground around the cabin, but the weather was finally warming up! We had a fire and toasted marshmallows for s'mores - David loved it!
We spent our days doing crafts and playing around the cabin. David wanted to go on walks and point out all the rocks and he loved it when he figured out he could load the back of these toy trucks with rocks and then dump them out and start all over.
Anna and I went to run an errand into Fairplay and on the way back, we saw a moose!!! Since we hadn't packed well for such cold weather - Grandpa helped out by hitting up some thrift stores for boots and sweaters - among the other wonderful things he found - he found this epic sweater for James! James loves it!
We spent a bit of time down in Breckenridge and the kids got excited because we all got to ride the trolley car.
We got to see and visit with Kay for a bit but she wasn't comfortable with staying the night at that high altitude. I was surprised at how quickly I got tired too - I should remember by now, but each time it gets me. It was beautiful up there though - the aspen trees still hadn't realized that Spring should have come - I haven't ever gone up so early in the season before.
Thursday we headed back to Texas - the big elevation drop was a bit rough (especially on me with my head cold) but we survived the trip and it went by surprisingly fast.
Friday was a laundry and grocery day, so it felt like a Monday, but it wasn't. The kids were all excited to get back home and to be able to go in the pool again.
Saturday morning, Anna and I went down to my mom's house to work out a bit, then we had to spend the rest of the day with me napping and the girls getting ready for Girl's camp - they had an activity for that in the evening and then headed home.
Sunday was great! Church was great - the talks were wonderful and we enjoyed talking about them with the kids later that evening. Primary was a bit rocky - we are just getting things organized with new teachers, so it took a while to make sure that we had teachers everywhere they needed to be. Otherwise it went pretty well - hopefully things will start to run a bit more smoothly now!
This morning I found out that Sandi had to put her sweet little dog down last night - he's been having a lot of trouble breathing and he wasn't eating - my heart breaks for her - he was such a sweet dog and I know she is hurting.
James lost another tooth today - I had him say "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" and it was the cutest thing ever. He was very excited! We also had some friends over for dinner and games - it was a lot of fun, but I'm afraid I wasn't a very good hostess since I'm still not quite feeling up to par....
No comments:
Post a Comment