We've had a busy summer so far. Eileen and Anna were at girls camp until Thursday afternoon. They both seem to have had a great time. They came back full of the fun stories and full of excitement.
We finally got James his bike - he was so excited and all he has wanted to do since is ride his bike. He loves it - and of course Evie is a bit jealous since her bike is not so new any more. It's been fun watching him so excited to ride his bike though.
We missed the girls this week - I had a hair appointment on Tuesday and the four younger ones all got to come - thankfully they were well behaved while they waited for me to get it done.
We spent some time in the pool most days - but I finally had to tell the kids that I wouldn't take them to the pool unless it was over 85 degrees outside - it's been unusually cool so far this summer. Friday morning, we had our friends the Carpenters over to swim and play. It was a blast!
Summer is Fly Season in Texas and with 6 kids running around, and leaving doors open, we have a TON of flies in the house. David's new favorite thing is to walk around trying to hit the flies with the fly swatter and saying "get the flies!" over and over again.
Dan's company had a big work event this weekend - they were putting on a conference and so Dan was out late Friday and all day Saturday.
Saturday was rather insane. I had to be at Cub Scout Camp Saturday morning, so Eileen and Anna were left in charge. The took the kids to the splash pad nearby and Aaron and I had fun Canoeing, Fishing, and Shooting bows and arrows and BB guns. He had a great time (mostly - he didn't catch any fish when most of the other boys did and that upset him quite a bit for a little while.) Then when I got home, I picked up the kids, and we went to our friend Patty's birthday for a bit. It was winding down by the time we got there, but we wanted to stop by and celebrate with him a bit. Then we went down to my parents house, my mom was watching Taz and Kai while Sandi and Jon were at the conference, and she thought Taz and Kai might like some more kids to play with, so we headed down there for some swimming and playing and had dinner there before taking Taz and Kai home and then heading home our selves. Then we got the kids to bed and I headed out to get some groceries to get us through the weekend.
Today was Father's Day - Dan's gift still hasn't arrived from Amazon.... so I'm kinda failing in the gift department lately.... But we did a biscuit breakfast with peaches and honey butter and I got him a little bit of chicken seasoning. Church was great - Anna gave a great talk and James gave a great talk in primary. I had fun filling in for singing time in primary. In the evening, my parents came up for dinner and we had a fun time eating and chatting. Then after getting the kids to bed Dan and I played a few games of Dominion with Aaron - each of us one a game, and we had fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment