We've had a fun and crazy week. Tuesday, we went out on the boat with Grandpa. Most of the kids just wanted to go on the tube, but Aaron wanted to try wake boarding and he did awesome - he got up, but is still working on figuring out how to stay up.
Evie wanted to try water skiing again. She did so good and stayed up for so long - she even let go with one hand and waved at us and put her hand in the water and went outside the wake. She was on a roll!
Eileen got her first chance at driving the boat - she puttered around the lake for a bit at the end of the day and the kids all had a great time!
Thursday, we had Sandi and the kids over to go swim in the pool and have dinner together. The kids had a blast in the pool - it was a wonderful hot day - perfect for swimming. We grilled hot dogs and had potato salad. It was a fun evening! After, I headed off to a Relief Society Activity with Eileen and Anna who had volunteered to help babysit. It was a fun activity! After, the primary presidency met together for a bit before heading home for the night.
Friday we had a mostly slow day. After the busy week, I was eager for a bit of down time. The kids read, played with play dough, crocheted and we mostly took it easy. In the evening, Dan and I went to the temple and then to dinner on our way home.
Saturday was mostly low-key. Dan took some of the kids to the library to return books and pick new ones. Anna asked for book recommendations for the reading challenge at the library, so I dragged her into our library and loaded her up with books. :) In the evening, we all watched the new "How to Train Your Dragon" Movie together and ate popcorn. It was a fun family evening!
Sunday was wonderful! I headed out early to go to ward council - the Lord has organized His church in such a wonderful away - it's amazing to watch so many people work together for the physical and spiritual welfare of others! After, I took off my primary hat, and put on my chorister hat. I had a musical number in Sacrament meeting. I wasn't sure how well my voice would work since it's still not back at full strength, but the song went well - I picked one that wasn't as vocally challenging and I made it through with out my voice cracking or cutting out or dying. :) After Sacrament Meeting, I changed hats again back to primary for the second hour of church. The kids are wonderful and it's been fun getting to know them and work with them. Dan spent a lot of the last 2 days baking. He made Lemon Meringue Pies and Breakfast cake and fresh bread. The whole house smelled SO YUMMY! We invited our friends the Gustavesons' over to help us eat some of it and play games. We had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment