Monday, February 18, 2019

Lots of Love!!!

Monday evening we had a Family Home Evening lesson where we talked about John 4 and Christ teaching the woman at the well.  We even managed to get the kids to read the chapter before our lesson so they were prepared too!  In the evening, we got a rather shocking call - a man in our ward had been in a car accident with their oldest daughter and had passed away in the accident and their oldest daughter was in the hospital.  It has shaken the whole ward to have such a tragedy happen to people we know and love.  I had spent just the day before this call in the nursery with his wonderful wife and Dan teaches one of their daughters in Seminary.  It has been very heartening to watch the ward come together to support and give their love to them. 

Tuesday was a pretty normal day - School for the kids in the morning - Anna is on the Track Team and so she gets dropped off early each morning.  In the evening, I had institute class which was wonderful. 

Wednesday, I finally managed to get in to the doctor so I could get my prescription re-filled - and a recommendation to a dermatologist.  Then in the afternoon, I had to pick Eileen up early from school because she was sick.  In the evening, the girls had Young Women's and I had choir.  Choir practice was awesome - we got new music - lots of fun high notes!  YEY! 

Thursday was Valentine's Day - we started with our traditional Heart-shaped biscuits breakfast - early so we could eat with Dan before he left for seminary.  The kids got some chocolates and then headed to school, except Eileen who stayed home sick.  We took her in to the doctor on the recommendation of the school nurse who gave her a note to stay home through Friday.  In the evening, Eileen and Anna watched the kids so Dan and I could go out for a dinner date - we went out for Mexican food and enjoyed ourselves!  We went someplace close and got home in time to kiss the kids goodnight before settling in to watch Ant Man and Wasp. 

Friday, Eileen was still home from school and Dan stayed home from work and asked his team teacher to take the class on Friday.  They both stayed home and slept in and rested trying to get rid of their colds.  Dan was awake and nice enough to watch David while i went to the Dermatologist.  In the evening, we had a fun family movie night - we watched The Incredibles 2 and ate popcorn.  Then we put the younger kids to bed and I watched Newsies with Eileen and Anna (at least until Anna got too tired and fell asleep.)  I managed to get them hooked on the music and so we had fun watching and singing along.  Eileen even managed to get David to love the music and sing along with the soundtrack in the car.  It's so cute!! 





Saturday was a bit crazy busy.  I got to go to a baby shower in the morning - it was fun and I had a great time!  While I was there, Dan took the kids to the library and Costco.  We met up back home and did some food prep and a Come Follow me lesson before heading over to a friend's house for dinner and games.  We had a great time - the kids all get along so well together and even though their kids are a bit older than ours, they are still great with the younger kids.  They are such a great family.  We had fun playing the bean game and Five Crowns - Aaron played with us.  I won the bean games, but Aaron smoked us in the few rounds we played of Five Crowns that we played before we had to get the kids home and to bed.  He totally shut us out!  After we got the kids to bed, I made a quick run to the grocery store before we all crashed!

Sunday was wonderful!  We had choir before church to prepare to sing in Sacrament Meeting.  The choir did a wonderful job.  I had picked out our song months ago - knowing that I wanted to do Marriage for Eternity for the Sunday after Valentine's Day.   It ended up fitting PERFECTLY with the messages shared during the meeting.  It was such a blessing to see the Lord's hand - even in a seemingly small detail.  The messages were wonderful!  I even got to go to Sunday School since David did well in nursery today.  In the evening, we had the sister missionaries over for dinner and a message, then Dan and Aaron and I played games - Aaron wanted to play Five Crowns and The bean game again - I smashed them both in Five Crowns.  Dan won the bean game - then it was bed time! 





No comments: