It's been a busy week. Like really, crazy busy. Dan left for a conference in California on Monday. We had a great lesson together on Monday for FHE. Eileen had dress rehearsals until 6:30 on Monday and Tuesday. I had institute on Tuesday night - the older girls were nice enough to put the littles to bed so I could still go. The kids had piano lessons on Tuesday. Wednesday was Activity Days and Scouts and Young Womens. I was glad the they cancelled the dress rehearsal for that night - it was a relief from one stressor.
Finally - Thursday night arrived. Eileen sang beautifully - I managed to get a recording of the whole thing. They did a great job - there were a couple sound issues, but that is to be expected on the first night of a play. She was such a beautiful and perfect Belle! Sandi came up with the kids (Jon was with Dan in CA) and my mom came up to watch also. We had friends from church come to support also - it was wonderful!
Dan got in later that night. By that point - we were both pretty tired. Eileen had performances on Friday and Saturday as well, but she wasn't the lead on the other two nights. She's feeling a bit under the weather now - but I often have the same thing happen to me after a big stressful performance - so hopefully it won't last too long and she'll feel back to full soon. It was so awesome to get to watch her do something new and difficult and do it well! With all of Eileen's performances, Dan and I did our Temple day on Saturday morning. Then we spent the rest of the day cleaning up and recovering from Dan's trip :)
Church was wonderful - I'm trying to work to get David to like nursery better - but it's meant that I've spent a lot of time in nursery lately. We had a family from ME1 over for dinner - Dan knows them because she is one of the other Seminary teachers. We had a fun time with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment