This week we had a bunch of sickieness. :( Monday started our great. Evelyn gave a wonderful FHE lesson where we made up a service jar to help us in our goal of serving each other this month.
Tuesday was a usual day - we got a lot of rain though, so Anna didn't want to walk over to the gym to work out. :) I watched Dana's little girl again - she and David get along well and she's easy to watch. Anna had a school book report due - she wanted to decorate a cake to go with the book - and this is what she created - it's a fondant covered castle and grass all over - then when you cut into it, the layers are red, orange and yellow to represent the fire in the story. She did such an amazing job and worked so hard on it!
Wednesday was an abnormally quiet day. The girls didn't have young womens because there was a youth temple trip the next day. So we had a nice quiet family time evening. Eileen came home sick from school. I wasn't feeling great either. She was running a fever, so she came home and rested.
Thursday Eileen was still running a fever, so she stayed home - she went right back to bed and slept until 1:00 - but she was feeling a bunch better after. She was still coughing a lot, so she wasn't able to play her flute for the middle school band concert that night though. She came with me to the concert and Dan stayed with the younger kids to get them to bed at a decent time. Anna's band was awesome. James lost his first tooth finally! He was so excited! And now he's got a cute little gap.
Eileen went to school on Friday - she really wanted to be there for her writing UIL. When I picked James up from school, he was down another tooth. Friday evening, Dan and I went to the temple. We dropped Evie and James off at Aunt Sandi and Uncle Jon's for a sleep over with Taz and Kai. They took a Book of Mormon with them so that they could do their scripture reading and prayers - and they even remembered to do it! It made me so happy when they talked about it. Dan and I had a great session and I ran into a friend from Colorado who is moving down to Dallas area! We stopped at IHOP for dinner after, then headed home.
Saturday was a fun and busy day. Dan started off the day early, taking Eileen and Anna down to the temple. After, Sandi and the kids came up to decorate cookies. My dad came by for a bit also. We had a fun time chatting, and the kids playing and everyone making and eating cookies! Then in the evening we had our ward Christmas party. It was wonderful - the decorations were amazing and the program was beautiful. It was a great evening!
Sunday morning, I got together with some women in the ward for a musical number. It was a lot of fun singing with them. Then i came home, ate lunch and got ready for church. I headed to choir and we got our Christmas song going. Church was great - the musical number went well and the talks were excellent. I spent 3rd hour in nursery with David - he was a bit tired and cranky. Poor kids - I think next year's time will be much easier on him. After church, we enjoyed getting to go home and have dinner together. :)
Sunday, December 16, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment