Sunday, September 10, 2017

Haircuts and Holidays

Monday was Labor Day, so the kids were off of school.  Dan let James wield the hair trimmer and shave his head - then of course, James got his hair done too. :)  We spent most of the rest of the day cleaning up and doing chores around the house and then some time playing Zelda.  Dan and Anna went out running, and Eileen hid in her room most of the day.  


Tuesday, James had a field trip with his class to the Zoo.  He had a great time - but he always seems to come home happy - he really loves school and his teacher.  David and I had fun a Becca's house.  I got a yummy lunch and we got our couches finished.  After school, Eileen had band and Anna had track, and then in the evening, I had Institute.  Class was wonderful and full of stuff to think about.  

Wednesday was a quiet morning for David and I and a busy afternoon with all the kids doing piano lessons, homework and after school activities.  In the evening, Dan and Eileen had mutual.  They did a combined activity and the Beehives were in charge.  I think they all had a fun time - I asked Eileen how it went and all she said was "good" - she's becoming a teenager way too fast...  I had choir in the evening and had a great time.  David was mostly good.  I think he's getting used to it - but he still doesn't like it when I sing the high notes right in his ear.... 

Thursday was another normal school day.  David and I had an easy morning, then we picked up the kids from school and had a rather busy afternoon.  Aaron had a dentist appointment and did well.  Anna had track and Eileen had band and with Dan picking up Anna, we all managed to get where we needed to be.  

Friday was another usual school day.  After school, Anna had track, then Robotics club.  Eileen had an orthodontist appointment - I am hoping to get her braces on during the kids fall break.  Dan and I (and David) made a Target run while Eileen watched the older kids.  We needed to get some gifts and some groceries.  

Saturday was a rather crazy day.  Anna had a track meet - Dan took her to that early on and then came back to take Eileen to flute lessons.  The kids had piano lessons and then after Anna's track meet, we went to Dwayne and Nicole's house for their daughter's birthday party.  We all had a great time.  The kids got nice and wet from a water balloon fight and Dan and I always have fun with Dwayne and Nicole!  After, we stopped by the house for the kids to change and to grab wedding gifts before heading to the church building for a wedding reception.  It was so much fun - they are such a sweet couple!  As crazy as this week has been - I think next week will be crazier...  

Sunday was great.  Church was wonderful - David was a bit cranky during Sunday school, but fell asleep for Dan so I could play piano in primary during the third hour.  We made cookies after lunch and Eileen and Anna came with me to choir.  We had a great time - I'm starting to think about Christmas music!!!  Becca came over for dinner and we had fun chatting and eating!  After the younger kids went to bed, Dan and Eileen and I played 7 Wonders and I got smashed - but it was fun :)  


This week, I've started trying to get into a work schedule and getting my scrapbooking going again.  I'm hoping to be back in business next month!  It was kind of nice setting myself a schedule and getting something productive done.  I'm looking forward to this coming week and getting into a routine.

No comments: