Sunday, September 17, 2017

Birthdays and a Championship!

We've had a rather busy week!  Monday was the usual laundry day.  Evie had an orthodontist appointment after school.  She is definitely going to need braces....  Dan and I sure make cute kids, but they all have big teeth in little mouths.  :)  Other than that, we had FHE in the evening and grocery shopping.  

Tuesday was my morning and Becca's - her street was under construction, so I had to walk around the long way.  We made bookshelves for our dolls - and now after making so much furniture, I'm starting to think I need something to put it all in....  After school, Eileen had band and Anna had a track meet.  We all ate an early dinner, then headed over to watch her compete in the qualifying meet for city championships.  She did really well on her 800, but struggled a bit in her mile - she had run an extra relay for someone who wasn't there right before it.  She qualified for the championships in the mile, the 800 and with her 4x100 relay team.  She was such a trooper and did a great job!!  


Wednesday was a normal school day for the kids.  I got some work done in the morning.  In the afternoon, Anna had her track practice and the rest of the kids had piano practicing.  Eileen went on a bike ride - she really enjoys getting out on her bike and riding around.  In the evening, I skipped choir so I could be at Eileen's Young Women in Excellence night.  It was a great evening.  Eileen didn't realize that she would have to talk a little bit and was blindsided by the request, so she got up and mumbled something and sat back down.  She REALLY hates speaking in public....  even in a relatively small setting like that.  I think if she had been prepared, it wouldn't have been so bad.  I wish I knew better how to help her.

James is so funny - his clothing choices aren't always the best - Dan got this funny picture of him headed to school in a button up - long sleeve - dress shirt and sports shorts and tennis shoes...  Such a funny kid!

Thursday was my birthday.  38 years old!  That's really starting to sound awfully close to 40....  I got some work done in the morning, and did a little shopping at the craft stores, then Dan took me out to lunch!  It was a nice little outing and David was nice and well behaved for us.  :)  In the evening, I got to eat my yummy dinner and a yummy pineapple upside down cake.  Dan got me some gorgeous earrings and a couple of books about making doll house stuff.  :)

Friday, the kids had the day off of school for a teacher work day.  Anna still had track practice, I tried to get my allergy shot done before I needed to pick Anna up again - but didn't end up having enough time - I will have to try again on Monday.  Then I picked Anna back up and took her home.  Then in the afternoon, she had robotics at the school.  Evie was supposed to have a birthday party in the afternoon, but no one was able to come.  She was really disappointed.  :(  She still got to watch some movies and eat no-bake cookies with her siblings, but it's not quite the same thing as having friends over.  In the evening, Eileen and I went out to the store to get Evie's birthday present and a few other things for the weekend.

Saturday was Evie's birthday - and a crazy busy day.  It started with Anna's City Championship meet.  She did well - and even got 7th place overall in her mile!  Eileen had flute lessons.  The kids had piano lessons.  I had a choir concert at noon, Then we had a little bit of down time in the afternoon where we got cupcakes made for Evie's birthday and the kids even got to play a little Zelda.  Then we had Evie's birthday dinner - all sorts of ramen noodles - and we sang and did presents.  Then we headed over to the church building for a going away party for Megan.  We are so excited for her - but will miss her!!  She's going to have an amazing experience serving in Brazil!


Sunday was wonderful - but David hadn't wanted to go to bed last night, so I was a bit tired...  The choir sang in Sacrament meeting and did well!  We even got a couple new faces to join us!  Then I took David out to feed him and we had a nice quiet feeding time and he took a nap before we headed back into Relief Society!  After church, we had a nice afternoon.  Evie had her interview with the bishop.  Dan went home teaching.  I fiddled around in my craft room.  Becca and Laura came over for dinner and fun, and we all had a great time!  Evie is so excited for next week!

No comments: