Sunday, September 24, 2017

Evelyn gets baptized!

The week has been a rather busy one!  Monday morning, I headed over to get an allergy shot.  Then I met up with Grandpa for lunch at Mimi's.  We had a really nice lunch together and then I snagged this selfie of us on our way out.  After, I picked up the kids from school, and he took Evelyn out for her birthday ice cream.  In the evening, we had a great FHE lesson on the Sacrament before putting the younger kids to bed and going grocery shopping and folding laundry.  


Tuesday morning, I had an appointment at my Ob-Gyn  that was a bit longer than expected due to an emergency that the doctors were dealing with when I got there.  After, I headed over to Becca's, but we were both a bit indecisive, so we mostly just chatted and bounced ideas around - the most productive thing we did was make lists.  :)   In the afternoon, Anna had her first Soccer practice.  Then in the evening, she had her Track banquet.  We were supposed to bring food for our own family, so we packed up some egg salad sandwiches and some leftovers and headed over to the school.  Between picking up Aaron and Evie, picking up Eileen from Band and picking up Anna from soccer, then going back for the banquet - I drove to the school 4 times in the space of 3 hour - makes me very glad that we live near the school!!  After, I headed to Institute for a wonderful lesson!  

Wednesday morning, I made a quick run to Costco, then met up with Dan for lunch.  We went to Firehouse Subs together and David was nice and let us have a nice lunch together.  After school was the usual craziness, plus Anna had an orthodontist appointment after her soccer practice.  It went a bit long since the doc was running a bit late.  Then in the evening, Dan had young mens, Eileen had young womens and Aaron had cub scouts.  I had choir and David was VERY cranky the whole night - he did not want me to sing with the choir - every time I tried, he started screaming...  I don't think he likes my singing... :P  

Thursday, I headed back for another allergy shot, since it's been so long since I have been going regularly - they had to re-start me.  After school was soccer for Anna and Band for Eileen, plus an orthodontist appointment for Aaron.  The doctor made a comment about seeing me a lot at the office - and since I've got 4 kids being seen by him now - it's no wonder.  

Friday was a bit crazy, but mostly in the evening.  After school, I picked up the kids (except Anna who had soccer and robotics) then Dan took Eileen down to the temple for Baptisms.  The kids did their piano and we did some clean up, then I went to pick up Gene and Ann from the airport and Dan was able to get Anna from Robotics.  We had a wonderful evening with Grandpa and Grandma Jones.  
Evie (and all the other kids too) adores her baby brother.  She loves to help and carry him around.  I need to keep an eye on her, because I think she sometimes forgets that he's not a doll....  But she loves him!  She propped him up on the couch, then photobombed him when I took a picture.  


Saturday morning, Dan picked up my Dad from the airport.  Then we all got ready and headed over to the church for Evelyn's baptism.  She was so excited!!!  She got a beautiful dress from Grandma and Grandpa for her birthday.  The baptism went well and it has been so sweet to watch her try to keep this covenant that she has made!  After the baptism, the family all came back to our house for lunch, including Becca and Laura, and Jeremiah met her there after helping out with Colorado Cares.  We had a fun afternoon together.  Dan and Anna had a Robotics practice and we mostly chatted and played games and enjoyed each others company.  Some of us even managed to get in a nap.  :)  After dinner, we took Grandma and Grandpa Jones to the airport and sent them back home.  Dan watched Dwayne and Nicole's kids so they could go on a date, and I took the girls - all 3 of them!! - to the Women's session of General Conference.  We had a wonderful time listening to wonderful messages and after, chatting with friends and eating ice cream!  



 Sunday was great - though a long day for Dan who got up super early to take my Dad to the airport. Then came home and got ready for church and his meetings.  Sacrament meeting was wonderful!  Evie and I talked a bit about the Sacrament and what it means and why we take the Sacrament.  David was actually quiet for the Sacrament.  The talks given were wonderful and included farewell talks from two Sisters leaving on missions soon and a wonderful musical number.  Classes and lessons were wonderful, though I missed most of Relief Society while feeding a hungry baby.  After church and lunch, I took the girls to ward choir practice.  I'm so excited!!  We are starting Christmas music!!  In the evening, Becca came over for dinner with Laura.  We had a great pancake dinner made by Evie and Dan.  And I got this cute picture of Laura laying down next to baby David!  After putting the younger kids to bed, Dan and I played Killer Bunnies with Eileen - who smashed us!  But it was a fun game!  Now time to rest for a busy week again next week!!


No comments: