Sunday, December 20, 2015

Crazy Christmas Fun

We had a fun week this week!  Monday was our usual insanity and laundry and such.  Dan got home after the kids were in bed from his short 2 day trip.  We were woken up early Tuesday by a call from the school letting us know that it was a snow day.  We hadn't really been expecting snow, so we looked out the window and were rather surprised to see over half a foot of snow on the ground!  We all just acted like homebodies for the day - it kept snowing most of the day, so Dan stayed and worked from home.  I left for a doctor's appointment and that was it!  Most of us hardly bothered getting out of our PJs!  We had the Elder's over for dinner - they weren't allowed to drive in the snow, so Dan picked them up and brought them over.  

One night - James wanted to be carried to his room to go to bed, but I've been having back and shoulder issues all week and couldn't, so his wonderful older brother gave him a horsey ride to his room.  


Wednesday was the usual for the kids - school day, James and I went to the library with Nicole and Tayanna.  They gave us some yummy gingerbread houses and people!  In the evening, We were invited to go to the Cub Scout Christmas party since Aaron will be joining Cub Scouts soon.  He had a great time and is REALLY looking forward to cub scouts now!  The kids all had a great time playing red light/green light (though they gave it a cute Christmas-y name that I can't remember now) 


Thursday was the last day of school for the kids.  They were all so excited about their Christmas parties and since Aaron's teacher had said I could bring James with me, we went in and helped with crafts, read stories and ate snacks.  Aaron had a blast. After, the kids had their piano lessons and we settled in for a quiet evening at home - for once.  



Friday we played at home.  The kids mostly just goofed off  and we all took it easy, enjoying our first day of vacation.  In the evening, I took the girls to a Messiah Sing-In - we all had a great time together!  It was so much fun sharing that experience with my kids!  

Saturday was a bit crazy.  Eileen and Anna and I went to the rehearsal for the Ward Christmas Program in the morning, then Eileen had flute lessons, Dan ran some errands in the afternoon, and finally in the evening, we had a babysitter for the kids, so Dan and I could go to his Company Christmas party.  We had a lot of fun and ate too much food!  

Today was the Christmas Program at church.  It went really well.  Eileen played her flute and we enjoyed singing Christmas music and being filled by the spirit!  The afternoon was the normal lunch, play games and talk to family on the phone.  Then in the evening, Eileen's BFF Morgan came over to spend the night.  We always try and get the girls together for a day or two during breaks.  Eileen was so excited that she stood at the window waiting for her for over half an hour.  :)  


 Now we are in the countdown to Christmas, and I still need to do some shopping.....

No comments: