Sunday, May 24, 2015

Ugh - Can't think of a title that covers everything....

It's been an insane week.  The kids had Monday off of school (not sure why...) so we had fun at home playing and cleaning!  yey!  Then the kids had school on Tuesday and Wednesday and they were done with school for this school year!  We went by and hung out with Heather for a little bit to keep her company on Monday.  Monday night, while I was heading to the grocery store, I got a call from Heather needing a ride to the ER.  I took a detour, got her settled, went and got the groceries, cooked Dan's birthday cake (an angel food cake made entirely with eggs from our chickens) then managed to get a couple hours of sleep before i had to go drive Heather home from the hospital, then i got a couple more hours before I had to get up and take care of kids.  After the older kids got off to school, James and I went down and cuddled up on Daddy's recliner and he watched "Wild Krats" while I napped a bit more.  

Tuesday was Dan's birthday and Evie's Kindergarten graduation party.  We ate a quick dinner after Dan got home from work, then headed out to the kindergarten celebration.  It was pretty cute - the kids did lots of singing and dancing and they managed to get through the "handing out certificates" part of the celebration quickly.  Evie was so cute - she just LOVES being on stage and being at the center of attention!  Then we headed home for Cake and presents with Daddy.  

Wednesday, was the kids last day of school.  James and I still did out library trip in the morning with Nicole and Riley and Tayanna - then headed home (with a big stack of books to try and get the kids through this weekend...)  for lunch.  Then we headed to the school to pick the kids up from their last day of school.  Weather this week has been chilly and drizzly all week - but it was clear enough that afternoon for the kids to want to do our usual "last fling" get together at the park after school.  We only ended up staying for an hour - then we got too cold and went home.  


Thursday, I watched a couple kids for a friend of mine.  They were very well behaved polite kids and the kids all had fun together.  They played outside, played some Skylanders, played with the chickens, and played with toys.  We had fun together and the kids were great.  They went home after lunch, then in the afternoon, we had piano lessons so Rose was over playing with us too.  The kids mostly played outside since the weather had cleared up again.  I spent a lot of time Thursday doing yard work.  In the morning, the kids helped me as I put down some grass seed and then put peat moss down over it.  Then after lunch, I put down the weed and feed and during piano lessons, I mowed the lawn (having realized that by the next time I had a chance to mow - it would be way overdue for a cut.) 

Dan took Friday off work.  We spent the day getting ready for our camp out and getting Eileen ready for her trip with Grandpa.  We got everything packed up and headed for the campground around 2 ish.  Weather was chilly and a bit rainy, but we still all managed to have a blast.  Dan and I did a bit better preparing for it this time and had a heater for our tent to keep us warmer at night - now we just need to get some better sleeping bags for the kids - Dan and I still ended up with Evie and James sharing sleeping bags with us.  The kids had a ton of fun playing with friends and singing and collecting sticks and roasting marshmellows.  


Some of the older kids (including Eileen and Anna) built this "cabin" - They were so excited about it, and I think it really came out cute!


After we got back from the camp out, We headed home, cleaned up, ate lunch and played, then picked Grandpa up from the airport.  Grandpa stayed the night with us.  He went to church with us in the morning (and was lucky enough to get to hear the kids 'finally' do their Mother's day musical number and to hear me give a talk - which I found out about at 7:00 am this morning.)   Then after church, he took the kids home to get them lunch while I led choir rehearsal.  Then Dan and I headed home and got all the final bits ready for Eileen's trip.  She grabbed her stuff and we took her and Grandpa to the airport.  I can't believe my big girl is going to be gone for 2 whole weeks!  I know she is going to have a GREAT time, but I am going to miss her.  She made the first leg of her trip safely (back to Texas with Grandpa) but was underwhelmed with the overcrowded dinky little plane for this part - hopefully she will like the next part better :) Tomorrow she leaves for England and then a layover before heading up to Scotland!  


No comments: