Sunday, May 10, 2015

Rain Rain....

Well - I won't say "go away" because we need the water, but I'm really ready for my kids to be able to play outside with out tracking in TONS of mud and dirt....

The kids are counting down days until school is out.  They have had little to no homework this week which has been nice because it means they can spend more time playing!  As long as the rain was minimal or paused, they were outside having fun - but we all would have preferred a bit more afternoon sunshine :)

Tuesday evening, Dan had a meeting and was at the church until late - but the day was otherwise normal. Wednesday was the library for James and I.  He's finally starting to get to the point where he participates in story time - it's so cute to watch and listen to him sing along.  He even goes and sits with the other kids sometimes :)  Then choir in the evening for me.

Thursday was piano lessons in the afternoon.  I did some yard work (mostly pruning bushes back)  and the kids had fun playing outside until the rain started up again (the had lots of fun playing with the branches I had clipped off. Then in the evening, I went to the Stake Girls Camp meeting.

Thursday and Friday were "Immersion" days at school.  The school does 2 days near the end of the school year where they do a special subjects and the kids can sign up for the subjects that interest them.  (For example, Aaron and Evie both signed up for an outer space themed immersion class,  Eileen signed up for an animal themed immersion... etc.)  They kids LOVE these days.  They had been looking forward to them all year.

Saturday was busy busy busy!  Dan went out shooting with Frankie in the morning, Aaron had a birthday party he went to at noon.  We went to a graduation party for one of the girls in our ward.  Then we headed home to clean up a bit while Dan got a few groceries.  We had some friends over for dinner and games.  It was a lot of fun - they are a great couple, we played a couple games with Eileen, then put the kids to bed and played a couple more.

Today was Mother's Day.  I am so blessed by the wonderful examples of motherhood in my life - if I am at all a decent mother - it is because of them and their examples!  Today was wonderful.  Dan always makes sure that it is.  He's such a wonderful husband!  When we went to bed last night, it was snowing hard.  When we got up this morning, we found 8 - 10" on the ground.  Church was cancelled because they couldn't get the church parking lot and sidewalks cleared.  I missed getting to hear the kids singing on Mother's Day, and I missed getting to teach my lesson and going to Relief Society, but it was nice to get to take a nice long nap in the morning.  Dan made heart shaped biscuits for breakfast, then we had our own little church meeting - Eileen gave a lesson, Eileen conducted the music, Evie bore her testimony and Aaron picked songs and gave a prayer.  It was really sweet!  Then Dan took the kids outside and let me nap.  Then we all ate lunch and switched places - I took the kids downstairs and we played games while Dan took a nap.  In the evening we made a yummy dinner using the eggs from our chickens.  It was exciting!

We asked the kids to clean up and said that if they did, we could do something fun.  Well - only Anna was cleaning up - despite many requests that the others help - so we told them that they had lost the privilege. So we read scriptures then put the kids to bed - all except Anna who got to stay up and make ice cream with Daddy and play a game with mommy and daddy. Evie was VERY mad at us - she had a hard time understanding that disobedience brings consequences.  :(

No comments: