This has been a fun and busy week. James and I had lots of fun playing at home - weather has mostly been nice and great for playing outside.
Tuesday, Dan and James and I headed in to the school to see Evie in a littl play in her class. The class did 5 or 6 little plays with different kids in each. Evie was in the 3 Little Pigs. She just loved it - she did a great job and stole the show by walking around and shaking her little piggie tail for everyone. I only got this picture - all the rest was on video. (James wanted to watch it over and over again)
After school that day, we had our friends Bradley and Braden over to hang out and play for a few hours. Dan saw that Cold Stone was doing a $1.00 scoop night, so we headed over for a bit of ice cream. The kids had a blast (of course)
After ice cream - I met with the other ward girls camp ladies to figure things out and get organized.
Wednesday was our usual late start morning with library after. James was so cute singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" He sang all the words and did all the motions - he never does that! I had choir in the evening and Eileen and Anna had Activity Days - they got to go and get make overs - Eileen wasn't crazy about the idea because she "doesn't like make up" but she ended up having a blast (because she got her toenails and finger nails painted)
Thursday, James and I headed to the Museum of Nature and Science - he LOVES going to the museum - and I'm pretty sure one of his favorite parts about it is getting to pack his own sack lunch and take it with him. When we left he said his favorite part was looking at the animals (in the panorama exhibits) and pushing the sound buttons. I'm pretty sure his favorite part was the water area in the discovery zone. :)
Friday night, Dan and I got a babysitter (which made the kids VERY happy) and we went out to dinner with some friends, then headed back to their house to play games. We had a great time and are looking forward to doing it again!
Saturday we went over to Dwayne and Nicole's for Anaiya's birthday party. The kids had a blast playing games and eating food and running around. They played a sticker game where you were supposed to try and get stickers on people sneakily - the kids didn't quite get the "sneaky" part - but they had tons of fun. While there we met another couple who live next to Dwayne and Nicole - really nice people and they just happened to have some chickens that they needed to get rid of (they had a new puppy that was terrorizing them) and we just happened to have a recently finished chicken coop and were looking for chickens - we took Eileen to flute lessons, then after, Dan and Eileen went back with some boxes to get them and we had 4 chickens.
The kids couldn't get enough of them - they are named "Dapple, Dimple, Snowy and Chocolate" In fact they loved them so much that the next morning, they were up at the crack of dawn, in the rain, to see and hang out with and try to pet the chickens. Then they came back in and tracked mud all over the house...
Church was wonderful today. I got a new calling - yes again - it feels like I rarely hang on to callings for more than a year. I'm teaching Youth Sunday School and I'm really looking forward to it! Taught my first lesson today and I think it went mostly well. They were pretty quiet - but a few took pity on me and answered questions :) After church I was just exhausted - but none of the kids were - so i'm still exhausted and going to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment