Monday was our usual laundry day. James has figured out how to start the washing machine on his own..... He wants to be so helpful sometimes - I just need to figure out how to contain the disaster while encouraging the sentiment.
Tuesday we had our first trip taking our friend to her therapy appointment. I had Chasity with me too, so it was a bit crazy, but she and James had a lot of fun together. By the time we were done and taking everyone home - James was sad to see he friends go.
Wednesday was our usual library story time, though we didn't get to have Nicole and Riley and Tayanna come with us this time. Riley has decided that he wants us to be part of his family. :) Nicole came over to help out with the kids so Dan could go to the church for meetings and such, and Riley was mad that he couldn't come too. :) Choir was a lot of fun. I love the chance to get out and sing!
For some reason the kids had Thursday and Friday off school. I promised the kids that if they got the house clean, I would take them to the zoo. Weather was beautiful and so they got clean up done and tried to keep it fairly clean. They had piano lessons in the afternoon and then I had my first Girls Camp prep meeting! I'm excited, but a bit overwhelmed!
Friday, the kids did their piano practicing, then we packed up and headed to the zoo... only to discover that it was a free day, so the zoo was PACKED! It took us almost an hour to find parking. When we finally did, we walked to the zoo, I took the kids to the bathroom. I asked Aaron to take James in and help him since the family one was locked, the women's one had a LONG line and I didn't want to leave the stroller. Then since it was about lunch time, we walked to some tables and ate our bag lunches. They all got unpacked, and started eating when James said he had to go potty again, but I really didn't want to pack all the kids back up and walk to the potty, so I asked Eileen to take him to the nearby potty - I could see them walk there and back, They came back 5 minutes later. James started eating again, then promptly wet his pants.... We packed up and headed out to go home.... We spent more time looking for parking than we did enjoying the zoo.
Saturday was busy, but good. Dan had a couple small errands to run in the morning, Eileen had flute lessons, Aaron had a birthday party, Dan had meetings. I took the kids to a park while Aaron was at the party. The on the way back - I saw a quilt shop. I was a bit early, so we went in for a few minutes. I learned about some quilting classes that I might try and take over the summer.
Today was great. We remembered to sit on the other side of the chapel so we could see Dan. The kids made faces at Daddy (Eileen kept putting bunny ears on James while he stood on my lap and made goofy faces) And were mostly well behaved. After church, I put James down for a nap (and took a little one myself) Then Dan got home for dinner and we played some games. Sundays are wonderful! Time to refresh and renew our spirits and be together as family.
This new calling has been tiring on Dan - they are still in the "Busy trying hard to get everything put in order" stage - hopefully things will calm down soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment