It's been a crazy week - but life is always a bit more crazy with out Dan. We had all the usual things - Choir, school, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, piano, homework. Eileen had a field trip to the the Denver Symphony which she LOVED. Evie got to go to a farm and came home with lots of veggies.
James has been a bit cranky with Daddy gone, but I did discover that when he's tired and not willing to admit it, he might be willing to curl up on the couch and snuggle up and snooze with mommy! So James and I got in some good cuddle time!
Friday night I had a concert. We got to sing at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in downtown Denver. It's a beautiful old cathedral with beautiful stained glass and a wonderful sound! We got to sing with an amazing group of bell ringers. The concert went well and was a lot of fun.
Saturday, I told the kids that if they could get their stuff cleaned up by a certain time, I would take them to Boo at the Zoo. So after Eileen's flute lessons, the kids got all dressed up and we went to the Denver Zoo for trick or treating and fun events and stuff. The kids loved it (at least they said they did between all the whining about being thirsty and hungry...)
Saturday, I told the kids that if they could get their stuff cleaned up by a certain time, I would take them to Boo at the Zoo. So after Eileen's flute lessons, the kids got all dressed up and we went to the Denver Zoo for trick or treating and fun events and stuff. The kids loved it (at least they said they did between all the whining about being thirsty and hungry...)
After we met Dan at home - he having got home while we were out. Then I left to go sing with our Stake Choir at our stake's new building dedication. It was beautiful - I went feeling stressed out and sick, I left feeling wonderful!
Saturday, I also had to take Eileen to the doctor, she woke up complaining about her ear hurting, so we took her in, found an ear infection, and then went to the zoo. After the dedication, I went to try picking up her medication again (Dan had tried earlier, but our usual pharmacy had been closed due to an electrical fire) But it was still closed, so we had to go through a LOT of hassle to try and get the prescription sent to another pharmacy so we could get her medicine and get her feeling better.
Today was a wonderful day at church - it was exciting to see a bunch of new faces! After our ward had a little social which I left early to go to our final CMC concert. The concert was again wonderful and because it was earlier in the day - we got to see the light coming in through the stained glass image of Christ as we sang! I got home in time to play with the kids a bit and then put them to bed. When I got home I asked the kids if they had saved any dinner for me. Evie gives me her big brown puppy dog eyes and says "I'm sorry mommy!!!" over and over - it was so cute I had to forgive them - plus Dan still made me a bite to eat to make up for it :)
After we put the kids to bed, we had the missionaries over to teach a lesson to an investigator - she seems like a really great person - it was really neat to get to know her and it's ALWAYS great to get to sit in on these lessons and feel the spirit and bear my own testimony!
No comments:
Post a Comment