Sunday, September 22, 2013

Birthday Girl

Well- it's been a fun week - Monday was Evie's birthday - we had ice cream cake (after mommy totally botched the cake I tried to make for her...) and she loved opening her presents.  I can hardly believe she is 4 years old - and yet sometimes I can hardly believe she is only 4 - she is so observant and full of personality and life!  She loves telling people that she is 4 now and has worn the pink headband in the pic below (which she got for her birthday) EVERY day since.


We had Dwayne and Nicole and the missionaries over on Tuesday for Ox Tail made by Dwayne.  It was neat to try something so new a different - and good!

Evie has been loving preschool - we are rotating teacher and house every 2 weeks - and this week every time we go, Evie has asked if Sister Bishop (or Miss Christie) will be there.  She loves to feel like a big kid and she is learning so much!

Wednesday we went to story time at the library with Nicole and kids - the kids had fun - after story time - they handed out coloring pages for the kids and Evie happily colored and then wrote her name on her page all by herself!

Here are the pics taken of the Evie and Anna recently - the link will take you to the J.C. Penny's website to see the web versions.

Dan was out of town for Wednesday and Thursday - it was just a quick trip - which compared to the 7-10 day ones is really kinda nice - Tina came up to watch the kids while I went to Choir and we managed to survive just fine!

I learned a lesson this week about listening to the Spirit.  I've been thinking about one of the ladies I visit teach a lot recently - and I kept thinking I should text her and chat with her - but I didn't want to feel pushy, but I finally texted to ask a question, and after answering my question, she proceeded to tell me everything that had been going on in her life - she is an amazing wonderful person who has had some hard cards dealt to her and since the last time we hung out, she's had a rough time - and now I'm kicking myself for not listening to the prompting to reach out to her - yet at the same time, I'm grateful that she is comfortable enough with me to talk to me and let me help her.


Today we had another Stake Conference - they took our Stake and one more and split them into 3 - most wards weren't changed much - but our ward lost a little chunk on the south end - a chunk which contained at least a third of the leadership of the ward..... Gonna be some big changes!  Thankfully, my presidency is still as complete as it has ever been - but I'm going to miss some of my kids (and their awesome parents) an awful lot!!!

Daddy tried to take a Sunday nap today - but he had too much help.....


This evening, we went down to Grandpa's to visit and for a little party he was having to say "Thanks for helping with moving the barn" we're just glad to help and glad to enjoy it some!  But it's always nice to get together and see family!

No comments: