Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our Week of Fun

Wednesday was our typical run run run - we dropped the kids off at school, then went to the library for story time with Nicole and her two littles, then lunch, pick up kids, make kids to homework and of course choir!

We had a busy and fun week - Thursday our little preschool group did a field trip to the Museum of Outdoor Art - I was kinda thinking that it was a museum of art that went outside - but instead it was a museum of art about outdoor things - so weather and such - they had this fun little cloud walk exhibit where you can talk through a bunch of strips of paper hanging from the ceiling and pretend you are walking in a cloud.  Evie's favorite part though was the pink water fountain outside in honor of Breast Cancer awareness.


Thursday night, after piano lessons, Nicole and I went to the Relief Society activity - i took the kids with me while Dan went to the parent teacher confrences - then he picked them up and took them home and put them to bed.  


Friday was the yearly carnival at the girls school - it was mostly indoors this year because of drizzly weather - but the kids had a blast - then we went home and the girls managed to clean up fast enough to get to watch a movie (while the boys went to bed early....)


They had this little golfing game at the carnival - lol - I love how this picture came out!


Saturday morning - I hit the thrift store for some pants for Eileen - she didn't have enough to make it through the week after I made all her ripped pants into shorts!  In the late afternoon - I picked up Nicole for the Relief Society Broadcast - it was wonderful!!  We both enjoyed ourselves!

Today has been EXHAUSTING but fulfilling - we got up early for 9 AM church with the Peoria ward with Dwayne and Nicole to introduce them to Bishop Doxy and let them get a feel for the ward they live in.  After we headed home, got lunch and I headed back to our ward with the older 4 kids to practice the primary program - we rushed home after to snag a quick lunch before heading over to Frank and Tina's to celebrate Tina's birthday - then I had to leave that early to sing with the Colorado Mormon Chorale at the Temple workers Devotional - it was wonderful - I've been battling a cold for the last couple of days - and by the end of today - my voice was almost totally gone - but the talks were just wonderful -  the Temple president talked about finding happiness now - and I started thinking about all the many reasons why my life is wonderful now!  I am so grateful for the chance to reflect and for the many ways the Lord has blessed my life!!!

No comments: