We are now less than a week from the start of school for my kids - it's hard to believe summer is almost over - we have had a fun and busy summer - but I have found that having a fun and busy summer is exhausting for the parents.... I'm ready for a bit more quiet around the house - I hope I will have a bit more time for getting things done with 3 less kids for part of the day - but somehow I'm afraid that things really aren't going to slow down at all.
This week we didn't do as much as we have been - but it wasn't by my choice - the kids have been told that in order to do fun stuff (like go to the library, go to the park or go anywhere else fun) that they have to have their rooms clean and the play room clean and have finished their piano lessons - this rule has been in place all summer - but this week - the girls just couldn't get their room clean - I had some fun stuff planned, but we ended up not going anywhere while we waited for Eileen and Anna to clean their room - 4 days later, with help from me they finally got it done.
Friday was a busy day for me - we had a big Primary Activity planned for Saturday and Friday was the final day of prep work. Heather spent most of the day over here so we could get stuff done.
Wednesday evening, my mom got into town, Dan left Thursday morning, then Thursday evening my mom went up to the cabin to help my grandpa. Then Friday night, Eileen's friend Morgan came over to spend the night and go to the activity the next day.
Saturday was our Primary Articles of Faith Carnival! We got faces painted, (Evie got a Kool-Aid Mustache) we played with Balloons, we threw whipped cream pies at the bishop and did a whole bunch of fun games themed around the Articles of Faith! We had a great turn out and a lot of fun!
Now I'm in survival mode - I love my kids - but my world is just a bit more gray when Dan is out of town. Next week is going to be absolutely nuts - all I gotta do is survive.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment