The other big even of the week (or at least the only other thing i managed to get a picture of besides one of James' many massive fits) was the discovery of this butterfly - the kids found it injured and spent a whole afternoon carrying it around the back yard and loving it!
This week has been busy - Dan has been gone a lot - most of it was trying to find a new car and then getting the car he eventually found (I'll get a picture next week) Then this weekend was spent in meetings. We had some Primary stuff to keep us busy and of course piano lessons. We went to the library with Nicole and Riley and Tayanna and had fun - it's kinda nice having enough room in my car to be able to pick friends.
It's been strange only having 2 kids at home for part of the day - it was nice, one morning, James slept in late and Evie came and curled up with me and so we all got to sleep in some - Evie now wants to spend all her time with me now that Aaron isn't around to play with, but she is also perfectly content to snuggle up with some books and a blanket or 3. James is the tough one - he is busy busy busy - and he has figured out how to push chairs and the stool around the kitchen in order to get what he wants off the counters - which means, nothing is safe anymore. So he either needs to be constantly watched or he needs to be somewhere that he can't get into trouble. He is getting pretty good at communicating what he wants and at understanding what we say. Dan came home the other night and saw James and said "are you ready for a bath and bed time?" and James immediately ran to the bathroom saying "baaaaa, baaa!" He has also figured out that he can grab our hands and take us where he wants to go - like outside, or for a walk or downstairs or if we are at church to the drinking fountain.
The only problem with all this freedom of having only 2 kids all morning is that I can't enjoy it. My allergies are still REALLY bugging me - to the point where I can't get a good nights sleep and I can hardly function during the day. I had an appointment with the allergist on Friday, but problems have made me unable to pick up the prescriptions until Monday - and the over-the-counter stuff he suggested hasn't helped at all. I can only hope that I can get the meds tomorrow and that for once they actually do something..... I can't take another 3 months of this.....
No comments:
Post a Comment