Sunday, August 11, 2013

Back to School

This week has been totally nuts - Dan was out of town, and if my mom hadn't been here, I don't know how I would have managed!!  In addition to all the craziness this week - my allergies decided to kick in full force this week and I've been struggling with itchy eyes, sneezing, congestion, runny nose, and being totally tired from not being able to sleep through all that.....  I just wish I could find some type of medication that would actually help.....

Monday, we went out to visit my Grandpa and see his new place - it's really nice and he seems very comfortable and happy there.  I've always thought that it would be a great idea to move into a place like that when we get to be his age - and after checking out his place, I'm kinda looking forward to it!   After the grand tour, we went out to lunch with Grandpa - we ate at Firehouse Subs and we discovered that James likes pickles - after trying to figure out what he was trying to get from me - he reached over and grabbed the pickle spear they automatically include and he chewed on it for the next 15 minutes until it was mostly gone.   So far, I think he's the only one in the family who likes them.  

Monday night, I took Eileen and Anna to their Back to School night - we met their teachers and the girls got really excited about starting school.  Monday night, we also had Rylee and Taylee come over to stay with us for a couple days while their mom was out of town.  They are both really nice girls - but I think out house might have been rather uneventful for them - plus my kids go to bed around 7:30 - I don't make the older ones go to sleep - but it's still quiet time in their bed room - I think they thought that was really early - and the younger one was having mommy withdrawals and some how she and Anna ended up in my bed - leaving no room for me.... 


Tuesday morning, Aaron, Eileen and Anna all had evaluations at their schools - Aaron did really well on his (I wasn't allowed to watch the girls) he impressed his teacher with his reading and counting by 2's.  We got back from that to have lunch with Grandpa, Frank and Doug who was in town to help out at the cabin.  Tina was sweet and stayed at the house with the kids!

Wednesday morning we went to the park and met some friends from the ward - it was really nice having Rylee there with us since she is more than happy to play with James and help out with him and he loves her too!  That night was back to school night at Aaron's school and Rylee and Taylee went home that night.  Which was good timing since the girls went back to school the next day and needed a decent night sleep.

Thursday was Eileen and Anna's first day back to school - It's hard to believe I have a big 2nd grader and a big 3rd grader!  They were both really excited - I had taken them out to get their school supplies and they had picked their back packs - packed up their supplies and their lunches - and gotten their hair curled by Grandma!  After school, we headed out to Piano Lessons.


on Friday, Grandma left to head home, and Daddy got back and we tried to get life back in order.  Dan and I had a nice dinner in together after putting the kids down.  Then Saturday morning we went to the park for the Ward Picnic - the kids all had a blast playing on the playground with their friends and climbing trees - my kids are all turning into little monkeys.  


Yep - that is Aaron - way up there - and that's not even the highest point he reached..... Part of me gets rather nervous, and the rest of me remembers LOVING to climb trees as a kid.  At least these are good easy climbing trees!


I can't believe Summer is almost over - I'm really not ready for it to be fall or winter yet - I love summer!  We have been getting a lot of rain this week though which has been nice - I even had to mow on Friday - between watering restrictions and little rain - I haven't had to mow it much recently!

No comments: