Sunday, July 8, 2012

Unpacked!

We spent the first few days of this week settling back in and cleaning out our garage.  We are borrowing Dan's parents car while they are on their mission.  So we finally finished cleaning out our garage to make room for it, and we are now more unpacked than we have have been for a long time - now all that is left in boxes is Christmas decorations, kids clothing, and some books that we need to get another book shelf for.  :)  The kids are having fun playing outside - the weather has been changing between sunny and hot and rainy.  The rain has been good, especially with the fires - and our very dry and dead lawn.  

James has discovered his toes - he puts anything in his mouth that he can find.  He is getting so big and wiggly - he doesn't want to sit still for long and he loves to eat.  


Evie has been struggling a bit with all the changes, but when she is happy, she is adorable - but she is testing limits and finding out what she can't do, and she doesn't like finding out that she can't do something that she wants to do.

I got a new calling at church - I have been called as a Primary Chorister - I am looking forward to this calling - as are my kids, but today after I went in to do singing time with the Nursery, Evie didn't want to let me go back to primary - I said "I need to go Evie" and she replied "But I don't want you to"  :(


For the 4th of July, we went up to play with Newell and Becky and family.  The kids had a blast soaking each other with water balloons, a hose and some water guns.  We didn't watch any fireworks, which really bummed Eileen out - but it was probably a good thing for Evie's sake - she hates loud noises!!  Someday we will go watch some together, but for now, Dan and I are content to put the kids to bed at the normal time and spend our night together relaxing.


I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get a picture of Aaron - I have to catch him unawares - or he hides behind his hand or whatever he is holding in his hand.  So most of the pics I have of him look like this...


But he had a birthday party that he was invited to on Saturday and had a great time splashing around in the back yard and eating cup cakes.  He looks so skinny with his rib cage showing, but he eats like crazy and he's healthy an happy - so i promise mom, I'm not starving him... :P  Now we are counting down the days until the next trip... just one more week, but at least he will only be gone for one week - not a month, and my back, while not totally back to normal, is feeling much better.

No comments: