Well Dan and I aren't really sure where the week went... the whole week kinda disappeared in a daze. We have been enjoying being together as a family and gotten a lot done, and been closing our eyes to the disappointment of Dan leaving town again next week. We really didn't do anything "special" or anything - just played, enjoyed the sun and enjoyed summer break. Yesterday was our most exciting day. Dan and I each had a list of things we wanted to get done before he left town - I figured that I might be able to accomplish 1 or 2 things on the list if I was lucky. Miracle of miracles, the kids were wonderful - helpful, and easy going - James napped well and I managed to get almost everything done that I wanted to. We built bookshelves (LOL - yes more bookshelves) and a small writing table for upstairs. We emptied a bunch more boxes. The kids got some extra chores done - they have been saving up their money to get some Skylanders (it's part of a game they have been playing) So after lunch, Dan took all the kids to Walmart to let them spend some of their saved money. Dan's cousin Deb and her family have moved into the area and are in our stake (but live a ways out in the country) Their two oldest daughters came to the stake center (which is 4 blocks from our house) for a youth conference yesterday, and instead of going all the way back home between the morning part and the fireside/dance in the evening, they hung out with us. The kids just loved them and they had fun playing Wii Fit together. We also had friend who was having a birthday party last night, so we went to that for awhile and the kids had fun playing with friends - go figure but that evening we all slept well... well everyone but me - I slept well until James woke up at 4am.... after that i had weird dreams.... But either way - I'm going to bed early tonight - LOL - go figure, but I'm a bit tired.... So tired in fact (or lazy) that I am to lazy to go look upstairs and see if I took any pictures with my phone.... I think I took a couple, but oh well... I'll take more this next week... maybe. :)
So Evie is in a very cute stage right now where she mis-pronounces words in very cute ways - Dan and I's favorites - "Dindosours" (dinosaurs) and "Lippy Lops" (Flip Flops) - and when she sings twinkle twinkle little star - "Up oh- bup oh world so high"
Dan made banana bread with Evie and Aaron yesterday and they had done everything but the final stirring - he let them stir and went to go do something else for a minute - I walked into the kitchen a bit later to find them (not sticking their fingers in the batter like you might expect) stirring in a way that the spoon would touch their fingers so that they would conveniently have to lick their fingers to clean them off!! Sneaky Kids!! You gotta admire their tenacity though!
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment