Sunday, February 6, 2011

Time Together

This has been a fun - but cold week. We had sub-zero temperatures for much of the week and Eileen even had school canceled for 2 days because of it. As if that weren't bad enough, she had Thursday and Friday off for in-service - which means that she only had school for one day last week. Now she's saying stuff like "I like home better than school" and I'm thinking "how and I going to survive summer vacation...."

Dan has been rather sick most of the week - he spent most of the day on Tuesday in the bathroom and was uncomfortable for the next 3 days. Thankfully he managed to pull out of it long enough to go with me on his surprise date Tuesday evening. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe and saw James Blunt. It was a fun evening and the show was great - he only did a few songs - but he's a great live performer. I had won seats and passes on the radio! (LOL - I know - I never win ANYTHING!) So it was very exciting to win and to go and to be with Dan. A big thanks to Tina for watching the kids for us.
We took Eileen to the dentist to get her crazy tooth pulled out (she wouldn't let daddy touch it) and now she looks even more beautiful! We took her for her 6 year old pics on Saturday and she just had a great time hamming it up for the camera - she's so photogenic and sweet! After - she and I had lunch together and she went shopping for crayons, then we went to the library to read for a bit and then to a scrapbook store just for fun.

1 comment:

Claire said...

It's not a bad thing to consider homeschooling...

love ya!