With our water polo season over and marching band season over, but swim team not yet started, we kinda had a week of down-ish time. Evelyn still had tutoring and time with friends and her band concert and I got to go play water polo on Wednesday for the first time in a long time (and sadly the last time for awhile....)
We all had Monday off for Vetran's Day. I took James on an outing to the mall to walk around and talk and look at things. I let him get a cute little stuffie and we had fun wandering around Bath and Body Works smelling stuff and picking out some things. We also had fun looking at all the nerdy stuff in Box Lunch and checking out the Lego Store (though it was super crowded, so he didn't really want to stay in for too long.)
Tuesday was David's field trip. He had been looking forward to it for a long time. Their grade went to go see Cat Kid Comic Club, the Musical. He was in a group with a friend. Her mom, who is also my friend, was chaperoning and sent some fun pictures to me of the kids and their exciting day!
Thursday was Evelyn's band concert. They were amazing!! The whole show was awesome, and Wind Ensemble did a band arrangement of O Magnum Mysterium! That is one of my favorite choral pieces ever and it was neat to hear a band arrangement of it - plus I found out the the composer grew up in Beaverton and is a BSD alumni!
After, the band kids went to Cold Stone for ice cream and celebration and fun. Evelyn of course wanted to go, but I wasn't able to get her out of there until 10 pm - so I didn't make swimming Friday morning! But she had a great time with friends and the ice cream was yummy!
Thursday night was also David's swim lessons. He did a great job and had a lot of fun with his friend Paxton!
Evelyn has really been enjoying driving and wants to drive every chance she gets. But her legs are shorter than me and Dan's. So every time she gets in the car, she adjusts the seat. Then when Dan or I next get in the car, we find ourselves squished up against the steering wheel or with our knees in the dashboard. It's become a joke where we each complain about the other being too short or too tall.
Saturday was crazy busy with swimming and water polo. Plus I worked a lifeguard shift in the morning during the Water Polo State Championships. It was fun to see and talk to people and watch water polo! We also had Stake Confrence. Dan had a leadership session while Aaron and I were at Parkrose and then He and Eileen and I went to the adult session. Eileen was part of the musical number and she did an amazing job!
Sunday morning was the general session of Stake Conference. It was wonderful. The choir did an amazing job. The talks were wonderful and it was overall just a great morning!
Then we had crepes for dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment