Sunday, November 10, 2024

End of Seasons

This week marks the end of the Fall season High School activities.  On Wednesday, Evelyn had her banquest for the end of Marching Band.  They had a great season and she had a blast hanging with her friends!  Dan and I went for some of it, but had to leave to get me to water polo practice.  



Thursday, the girls had their play off game against Sam Barlow.  They played well, but we still lost.  After they were all feeling down - both about the loss and about the end of the season, so I took them all to Five Guys for a late lunch and a last hang out together.  We had a good time and spirits were much higher after!  

Saturday was the Water Polo Banquet.  The food was great and the company was great, and I only cried a little.  They are amazing kids and it was a blast to get one last hangout with them!  


On Thursday, both Dan and I went to donate blood at the church.  I was a little tired after, but not too bad.  

Saturday morning, I was planning to swim, but when I got up, for some reason I decided to take a day off.  I wasn't really tired, but I stayed home, and was glad I did.  Not too much later, David came into our room sobbing after having a bad dream.  He said that in the dream I died.  I can't imagine how much worse that would have been for him if he had come into our room after that dream and I had been gone.  I still got to go play water polo with Aaron at Parkrose and at Open polo, so it's not like I lost all my time to exercise.  :)  

David had Thursday and Friday off of school for parent/teacher confrences.  He found an old Coupon Book I had made for the kids and has started wanting to use them all.  He got Dan to take him on an outing to Subway on Thursday.  He had a sleepover with Paxton at our house Thursday night, then hungout at Paxton's house most of Friday.  Then Saturday, he wanted me to take him on an outing to go look at stuff at the mall.  We had fun together!  Later that day, I mentioned that since none of the kids had school on Monday because of Veteran's Day, I could do the same thing with him on Monday and he seemed super excited about it!  

Sunday was busy, but wonderful!  Church and Primary were great and after, Stake Choir went so well!  It was amazing hearing the choir and instruments together!  Then I went to the Encore rehearsal to chaperone.  It was so awesome to hear their rehearsal - they really sound amazing!  

No comments: