Sunday, July 28, 2024

YW Camp

Monday morning, after swimming, Anna and I met up with the other YCL's at the church to head up to camp.  We mostly ate lunch on the drive and arrived in time to get uloaded and ready for all the prep work that needed to be done before Tuesday.  I had the easiest job - as the lifeguard I was in charge of the pool and keeping the kids safe there.  I spent a couple hours a day walking around the pool deck in perfect weather watching kids have fun.  The only stressfull part of the whole thing was that they were having some issues with the pool being cloudy, so I had to restrict what they could do in the pool, but they were awesome about it!   



The food was wonderful - the people were wonderful and it was a week of awesomeness and spiritual uplift and making friendships! I fired a rifle for the first time ever - didn't do great, but I hit the target.... 


The theme of the week was fruity - One in a Melon disciple of Christ - so we had fun with fruit clothing and other stuff!  


I got to enjoy off hours reading in a hammok and crocheting.  


Anna called everyone to flag and food with her trumpet which was awesome! 


Anna taught hair braiding and I offered my head as a practice head.  


And of course lots of time hanging out with friends!  



After a wonderful week - we headed home Friday evening, and I got back in time to put David to bed!  

While we were gone, Dan had fun with the kids at home.  They took a fun trip out to Tillamook and the beach.  And he and James got awesome hair cuts.



David and Eileen built a mousy fortress and had fun playing in the sand together!  


Saturday, Dan and I went out to Dan Moffat's pickle ball party.  We had a fun time playing games and chatting with friends.  After playing with us some, Dan actually knew people there this year which made him more comfortable.  It was a blast and the time flew by.  We finally left so we could get home and get David to bed.  

Evelyn went with friends to a dance out in Oregon City and I went to Open Polo - we had a good turn out this week and had lots of fun!  

Church today was a bit crazy.  James and I both gave talks today.  James did a great job!  Primary went well and was relatively busy!   After, we had a nice quiet afternoon of games and quiet time.  

No comments: