So Monday morning, James headed for Outdoor school. All the 6th graders get to have a week of school outside with cabins and learning and fun. James had been a bix anxious the day before, but Monday morning, he got to meet one of the leaders at drop off and we knew right away that James would have a blast. We missed having him around, but he was so excited and when he came back he told us all about the amazing time he had learning and playing and making friends. He especially said how he missed his leaders!
Tuesday, I started my new job. The only jobs I've had in a long time are coaching jobs, so this was a big day. I'm only working a few hours a day for 4 days a week. I'm lifeguarding at THPRD. Yes it's mostly a teenagers job, but they need some people during the school day to lifeguard the lap swim and the adult swim team Barracudas. It's something to do and it's been fun so far! Scanning a pool isn't really much different than scanning the playground to keep tabs on my kids. Dan insisted on taking this "first day" picture of me on my way out. :)
Saturday the older kids had a youth service project. They did yard work for some people in the ward. Then in the afternoon, we went to a wonderful baptism at the church. I played piano for the musical number, and it was a really sweet experience. After, Anna, Aaron, Dan and I headed out to Parkrose to play polo. It's been fun having him come, and while he can't swim, he plays a decent shallow goalie. The kids also really like getting to play with him. Then back home for dinner and family time. In the evening, I took Aaron and Evelyn to open polo and we had a blast. There were a lot of Mountainside kids there too.
Today has been crazy, but amazing! We had church which included a youth musical number which I directed and Anna accompanied. The talks were amazing! Primary went well, and after lunch at home, I played with James and David for a bit. Then we had ward and stake choir. They sound amazing and it's been so fun to direct them! After dinner, Anna and Evelyn and I headed to Encore practice, then I came home after the family part to play games with Sandi and James.
No comments:
Post a Comment