Monday, November 20, 2023

And Endings and Family and Friends

We've had a busy week.  My first full week as a lifeguard and it went great.  I'm certainly busier now, but I've been enjoying the work and enjoying the people I work with.  

Tuesday was a super fun eveing!  Sandi and I went out for my birthday!  She took me to a beginner West Coast Swing class!  Then we grabbed some quick food at a bar that was doing Karaoke, so we each sang a song.  Then we headed out to a socal dance.  James was DJing and I got to meet a bunch of Sandi's dance friends and dance and had a blast.  Everyone was super nice and patient with my limited ability.  Plus even when I wasn't dancing, it was a lot of fun to watch!  

Anna has been working hard with her friend to finish up a cosplay outfit that the two of them planned and executed on their own.  I'm amazed at how well it turned out!!  

The Fall Band concerts were this week.  Anna was helping out with the Concert Band, so all three kids were in the Wednesday night concert, then Anna also played with the wind ensemble on Thursday.  They all did an amzing job and I'm so glad that they have the opportunity for this amazing musical experience!  




Friday night was the Water Polo End of Year Banquet.  I spent most of Thurday evening working on the slide show for the banquet.  I think they enjoyed it - and I think the parents did too.  It was a lot of fun and I was actually able to hand out all the metro and letter awards this year!   James has been drooling over Anna's new snuggly ever since.  :)


After the banquet, Dan and I went out to meet with some of James and Sandi's friends for a farewell party for James who is heading out of town for a couple months to be with his brother who is sick.  It was fun since I had met the friends when I went out dancing with Sandi and Dan had met them playing games with them.  We had fun playing Dominion and getting trounced by James.  

Saturday, Eileen had a craft fair that she went to, she had been working hard to get things ready for the fair, but she was very disappointed with the number of sales she had.  :(   


The Boys had fun doing some yard work and raking up leaves.  David mostly just wanted to jump in them and Aaron was mostly just trying to be helpful - James fell somewhere in between :)  But they got a lot of work done and had fun enjoying the nice weather!  



Saturday afternoon - Dan, Aaron and I went to Parkrose to play polo - we had fun and there was a great turnout.  Full court, 6 on 6 and subs!  Plus Thea was there - they haven't been around for awhile so it was awesome to see them again!  

Saturday evening, Anna and Evelyn had an Encore social that they went to.  Aaron and I went to Open Polo.  

This weekend was also Stake Confrence.  Dan and I went to the evening adult session Saturday (so I was late to open polo) Then the older kids went to the youth session this morning.  Finally, the general session today.  I was directing the music and the choir.  The choir did amazingly well and it was wonderful!  The messages and music and everything were wonderful!   Plus it was so awesome to hear my arrangement performed!   

After, we headed home to finish getting things ready for our early Thanksgiving dinner.  Since we will be in Idaho for Thanksgiving, we still wanted to get together with Lisa and Sandi, and tonight was the day that worked best for everyone.  It was so great to get together and eat yummy food and talk and play games.  We played Hues and Cues.  Steven gave a set of clues that netted him 8 points - I think that's the best we've ever gotten!  


No comments: