It has been a busy, stressful and wonderful week. Monday, we had friends over to read scriptures with us and have dessert. We had 2 couples over from the ward and we had a wonderful discussion and a great time with them! David has been getting so good this week at actually reading the scriptures instead of just repeating what we say - he is really starting to recognize words!
One night while we were reading scriptures, Evelyn handed Dan her tiny scriptures to read from and he realized that he could see the tiny print better with the book further away and we all laughed about it together. He's such a good sport!
Tuesday, I met up with Emily and Sarah for lunch. It is always so wonderful to get together with them! It's always great conversation about our lives, our stresses and our joys. Our families and our faith and I feel so blessed to count these amazing women among my friends!
Wednesday morning, I picked up an older lady from the ward to give her a ride to get her hair cut, she was really sweet and I enjoyed a quiet half hour in my car crocheting. Wednesday, after picking the boys up from school, we walked home since it was raining, then we drove back down to the church for Activity Days. We talked about mission prep and had a missionary dress relay and sewed on buttons. They had a great time!

After the activity, I dropped the boys off at home and grabbed a baked potato to go and headed down to Salem for the Spring High School Water Polo Coaches meeting. It was a good meeting with lots of talk about getting Water Polo classified as a OHSS sport. It was a great meeting with healthy discussion and hopefully positive change!
Thursday evenings are a bit crazy. Between Aaron and Anna having water polo and Eileen having class at PCC and me having water polo and Evelyn having play practice, we are glad to have 3 cars and drivers because getting everyone everywhere is hard enough already. Unfortunately, we found out just how hard it would be to do it all with out a 3rd car this week - we found out when Anna couldn't get her car to start in the afternoon, so we tried to work out getting everyone everywhere and realized that without all the cars, someone would have to be waiting for a bit for a ride home. Thankfully I was able to get Anna's car to start and take it to water polo, so Dan could still pick Eileen up from her class on time and not worry about picking me up after.
Dan and James have been working out in our yard - they worked hard to put in a border on our flower bed, and then put down mulch and trimmed bushes and planted some new plants. It looks so nice and they have done such a great job!!
Friday was kinda crazy, after morning workout, I had a presidency meeting with the primary presidency, followed by a stop at Scott's kitchen for meat pies, then meeting up with friends for lunch. We had a small group this month, but we had a great time talking together, then I convinced one to come back to my house with me after to try one of Evie's chocolate peanut butter cup cupcakes. After that, it was time to pick the boys up from school.
Saturday morning was our Peter the Rock dress rehearsal. It was a 4 hour rehearsal meant to tighten things up and get everything ready for the concerts next weekend. Unfortunately, our director came down with Covid. So he was gone for rehearsal. Thankfully he had had the forethought to call an assistant director early on. Unfortunately, that assistant director (me) had not received the email saying he wouldn't be there... So Saturday morning, I found out that I would be running the whole rehearsal. It was a little stressful, but some of the sweet gentlemen in the group offered to give me a blessing of comfort and we did our best. I think it went well and I hope I did what was needed to help the choir feel confident and ready. After that, I dropped Anna off at home, then went to watch Aaron play and bring him home, then we did scriptures and I took Aaron to his friends house to hang out before the dance, then I got home and grabbed Eileen and headed to Stake Conference Adult session. The session was wonderful, them musical number was beautiful and the messages shared were beautiful. Between the spirit and the stress, Saturday was a day full of tears - not bad tears, but still a lot of emotion! After the adult session, we all went to Shari's with some friends from the ward for dessert. I had only had some yogurt for dinner, so I had a baked potato and then just stole some of Dan and Eileen's desserts. Eileen pulled out her cute little isopods and one of the couples ordered some from her for their grandchildren.
Aaron had a water polo tournament this weekend - but he only played Saturday. But they won both their games and he played well - It's neat to get to watch him grow as a player!
Sunday was Stake Conference General Session. Our ward choir was providing the music and I was playing the organ and Anna was leading. So we were there early to warm up and rehearse and get ready. David found the screens on the stage and was having fun playing with himself. Then the person operating the cameras realized what he was doing and zoomed in on him and he had even more fun.
The choir did a wonderful job! Both songs went well - and it was such a joy to hear my arrangement performed! Evelyn's friend Natalie bribed David to come up and sing with the primary children and Evelyn played the flute and Anna and Eileen sang with the choir - I love music!!!
I got home from Stake Conference and didn't even bother finding lunch before crashing on the bed and sleeping for 3 hours. After we had dinner and fun playing games and crocheting together.
No comments:
Post a Comment