Sunday, May 21, 2023

Birthday Party Time!

It has been a crazy busy and fun week!  Full of water polo and birthday fun and friends.  James had Activity Days this week and they did a temple and family history activity that included telling family stories and building temples out of sugar cubes.  They had a good time and ate way too many sugar cubes!!  


This week has been full of water polo.  Aaron and Anna and Evelyn have had club polo and I've been in the water with the high school girls during practice on Monday and Wednesday.  Tuesday and Thursday I played with the masters group.  Friday was the high school girls scrimmage.  Kari and I both got in as well as some other's masters women including Aukai's wife.  It was a lot of fun and exhausting!!   Then Saturday I went to Parkrose with Anna to scrimmage with the masters group and then with Evelyn and her friends to Open Polo in Tigard.  At least with the masters groups I get to play goalie - but I had to actually swim at open polo and Newberg!  lol  It was a lot of fun though and Evelyn scored twice at open polo - she was so excited!  It was neat because she also could already see a difference in her playing from the time spent at Newberg practices!   I could also tell watching Aaron's scrimmage that he's getting a lot faster and stronger too - he isn't getting beat down the pool on fast breaks any more!  It was also cute to watch Evelyn hanging out with her friend Ashley and teaching her some basic defense moves!  

On Thursday, Dan and Eileen went to another play for her class - this one was done by PCC theater and they did Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and it was the best play they have watched for this class - they had a good time and were impressed with the show - which is much better than their usual reviews of the shows they have seen.  

Friday was Dan's birthday.  He stayed home from work for the day and we went out to lunch together and went to Costco to get things for his birthday party.  Then in the evening we had cake and sang and he opened presents before Anna and I left for polo.  


Saturday was nuts.  Anna had a career fair in the morning that she went to, then met up with me at Parkrose for Masters.  I went to Nate and Katelynn's bridal shower in the morning before meeting her there.  The bridal shower was lovely!  It was fun seeing everyone and chatting with Nate a bit.  Unfortunately (at least for us) they are moving up to Seattle this summer so Nate won't be able to keep coaching at Mountainside.  So now I'm on the hunt for another coach.  After Masters, Anna and I headed home to get the house cleaned up and ready for the birthday party.  David helped change light bulbs since our hands were too big!  And he helped clean the bathroom!  


We had a good crowd and lots of yummy food.  We had a fun time with friends and enjoyed the perfect weather for being outside!  Anna had to leave early for her date.  It was the church's Spring Semi-Formal dance, so her date picked her up just as the party got started and they left and had a lot of fun.  After the party, Dan and I headed to the church building for a baptism.  It was wonderful!  Then we headed home to do scriptures and prayers with the kids before I picked up Evelyn (who had left the party with Ashley to go hang out at Natalie's house) and her friends to go to Open Polo.  


Church today was wonderful, primary was a little crazy, but overall it went well.  After church, James wanted me to sit and crochet with him, so I spent most of my afternoon (except while I was at choir) in the craft room with him.   He made all 5 of these cute little stuffies in one afternoon.  He's gotten so good and so creative and puts his own spin on stuff!  I think it's awesome!  


Dan checked out a new game from the library this week and we tried it out tonight.  He beat Aaron once, then he played with David and I, and David sabotaged his strategy, so I won, barely.  We also played some Lost Cities - once again, he won the first game, but I won the subsequent ones.  

No comments: