This week has felt like Spring! We have had sunny and warm days - days where I only wore a sweater to pick up the kids and even took it off after running around with them for a bit. Days where I wore sandals instead of boots or tennis shoes. Apparently we were so busy running around and playing outside that I forgot to take many pictures....
Dan got me this Orchid a year ago and I DIDN'T KILL IT!!! It kept growing and has bloomed again!
Aaron seems to have strained a muscle in his arm so he took some time off water polo this week - hopefully it's now rested and back to ready to play. Practices went well and on Wednesday, I got in with the goalies to work steals and lobs, but only 2 goalies were there and able to play. :( But they both did a great job!
Masters water polo was a lot of fun, though numbers could have been better. Dan had a temple trip with the guys from the ward on Tuesday and then we had a date night at the temple on Friday.
The younger boys and I had activity days this week. We had an activity about general conference and prepping for it. They made activity books and played some fun games and watched a short talk. It went amazingly well! They all had a great time and seemed engaged the whole time.
I spent most of the week sore from workouts - but it was worth it! I took it a bit easier on Saturday though so I will be ready to jump back in next week!
Thursday was the big 5th grade concert! James actually told us about it and performed with the other 5th graders and did a great job!! It was fun watching James and his friends!
Friday was St. Patrick's Day and the schools really got into it. David came home talking all about leprechauns. He told us the other night that he knew there were leprechauns because his room got messier. There were blankets that had been moved and so he was sure it was leprechauns that made his room messier!
Saturday was nuts. Dan, Anna, Aaron and Evelyn had a ward youth temple trip in the morning. I had Peter the Rock practice, then Anna joined me there. We are extending our practices a bit since we are getting close to the concert, so we weren't able to make it to water polo. Then we got home and Anna had a high school scrimmage - but she forgot the $5 drop in fee - so I drove out to get it to her and stayed to watch. She was playing really well - she had some great plays and shots in the field and some great blocks in the cage! Then in the evening, our ward had Pi night party. We ate yummy pies and chatted with old and new friends. Then Anna took Aaron and Evelyn and Evie's friend to the dance. I went home and walked the dog. :)
Church was wonderful. The choir sang and they did such an amazing job! It's such a blessing to have so much talent and so many willing to share it! The talks were wonderful and primary went well. After church, Anna and I spent awhile working on an arrangement of I Love to See the Temple for the choir to sing at Stake Conference. We got quite a bit of it done and I'm excited about it - now I just have to get it finished and to the choir!
In the evening, Sandi came over with her boyfriend James to play games with us. We played Space Base and Dominion and had a great time together. He seems like a really nice guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment